U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 10:45 PM

25 posts, read 162,117 times

Advertisements

For me it will be Cleveland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2007, 05:31 PM

152 posts, read 685,839 times
Default A small town in Southern Georgia

I took a Greyhound from New York to Miami. The bus stopped in a sleepy town in Georgia near the Florida border. I felt that I should have got off the bus and stayed. I don't know the name of the town but it was very relaxing. Any town in the south makes me feel at home.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:50 PM

30,237 posts, read 67,405,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I see no mention of Red Barons football, is that team/league a thing of the past?

It was actually Red Barons baseball, and they were the AAA-affilliate of the Phillies from the late-1980s-2006. The NY Yankees recently came to town to replace them, as the Red Barons moved to Allentown and became the "War Pigs" or some stupid name like that. The Columbus Clippers was the AAA Yankees affilliate, which moved here to Scranton.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:05 PM

58,200 posts, read 41,059,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
It was actually Red Barons baseball, and they were the AAA-affilliate of the Phillies from the late-1980s-2006. The NY Yankees recently came to town to replace them, as the Red Barons moved to Allentown and became the "War Pigs" or some stupid name like that. The Columbus Clippers was the AAA Yankees affilliate, which moved here to Scranton.
There was a Red Barons football team also, what's usually described as a 'semi-pro' team. It was a while ago, maybe early '90s, but I know because I went to a game with my dad when he was living in West Clifford.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:52 PM

5,298 posts, read 5,776,125 times
San Antonio,Austin and sedona.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:05 AM

2,303 posts, read 5,174,482 times
I have quite a few. By the end of this, you'll be able to tell that I don't get out much :P

Boston
New York (flew in once, but never officially been into the city)
Philadelphia
Miami
Phoenix (and I'd love to bring home a saguaro and plant it in the yard!)
Las Vegas
Austin
Minneapolis
Chicago
Los Angeles
Honolulu
Denver
London
Any of the large cities in Italy so I can throw down on some good Italian food!
Any of the large cities in Germany

I just visited DC last week, so I finally got one city off the list...now if only I could afford to move up there!

Old 03-14-2007, 05:05 AM

238 posts, read 516,773 times
I'd love to come to America someday soon, well when im old enough to travel there on my own soat the moment this may seem sad but im researching loads of America eg all the states and that kinda stuff lol. I'd love to visit New York, Boston, or California in particular Malibu n LA

Old 06-25-2007, 03:52 PM

16 posts, read 52,073 times
san fran, vancouver, quebec city

minneapolis, denver

and pheonix and vegas to judge them

Old 06-25-2007, 04:29 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,286,310 times
I've been all over (Baltimore, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, Grand Rapids, Indianapolis, Madison, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, Raleigh-Durham, Rochester, San Francisco, St Louis, Virginia Beach, and Washington DC) in the past 3 years. OK, so that's the Greater Midwest, a little Mid Atlantic, and a flight out to NorCal. I further encourge ScrantonWB to visit Madison, and for MattDen to check out Pittsburgh. I've not been to Lincoln, Omaha, or Scranton! Can you believe that?! actually, have driven through with family, many years ago. The first Bush was president then.

My weekend trip to Iowa City was nice, and I stopped in Peoria for lunch on my way back to Champaign. I didn't do much in the Quad Cities area, other than enjoy the view of the rivers.

I've been to Minneapolis and Duluth about 10 years ago, but I won't get farther than Marquette this summer (I'll spend some time in Upper Michigan next month at the family's second home). I was contemplating a weekend driving trip to Cincinnati and/or Louisville, but I am thinking about not bothering. I have time to go to St Louis again this upcoming weekend, but I'm not sure what I will do. The weather forecast looks better than it has recently.

My first and only visit to Seattle (so far) was in 1999 and want to revisit, so put me down for that.
Yes, I can keep it to just one. I otherwise dislike domestic flights. I haven't been overseas since 2000, but I want to see various places in Austria, Australia, Germany, and Japan someday soon.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:33 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,286,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Pristupa View Post
I took a Greyhound from New York to Miami. The bus stopped in a sleepy town in Georgia near the Florida border. I felt that I should have got off the bus and stayed. I don't know the name of the town but it was very relaxing. Any town in the south makes me feel at home.
Valdosta is a pit, so you must be joking. They are not friendly, unless you are another Southerner.
But don't just listen to me, trust in statistics: http://www.city-data.com/city/Valdosta-Georgia.html

I don't recommend Greyhound to people visiting the US from overseas, and usually suggest Amtrak instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or