Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state would you consider the shopping state?
California 19 21.11%
Texas 16 17.78%
New York 27 30.00%
Florida 2 2.22%
Illinois 1 1.11%
Pennsylvania 4 4.44%
Ohio 0 0%
Michigan 1 1.11%
Georgia 2 2.22%
North Carolina 1 1.11%
New Jersey 12 13.33%
Virginia 0 0%
Washington 1 1.11%
Arizona 1 1.11%
Massachusetts 1 1.11%
Indiana 0 0%
Tennessee 0 0%
Missouri 0 0%
Maryland 1 1.11%
Wisconsin 1 1.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 05:55 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,053,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Well it can go so far. While Dallas does have great upscale shopping, it comes short of Bal Harbour Place and a couple more areas in South Florida.
Well I'm not necessarily saying Dallas has better or just as good shopping as South Florida, but it can hold its own against south florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 06:10 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,082,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Nope, Orlando is about as upscale as Austin. Have you heard of the Domain in Austin? Also Austin has that same store as Orlando: Round Rock Premium Outlets

The Domain in Austin: Simon Property Group

Also that Premium Outlet thing is like a chain company because we have that same thing in a suburb of Houston:

Houston Premium Outlets

Some of the same stores but orlando has more and Orlando outlets offers more than houston outlets I have heard of the Domain and if you compare stores Orlando has Chanel Dior St john Jimmy Choo Max MAra Bloomindales Zara AG jeans Cartier Gucci Ferragamo Velibruquin. ANd orlando outlets has a barneys new york, fendoi etro Y-3 ,giorgio armani , Ferragamo, Dior, M+F Girbaud( there upscale line) MaxMara etc Not to mention Florida mall which has SAks etc Austin does not have The big big names this why i say Orlando beats the SA and AUstin tons more upscale Even Tampa has GUCCI hugo boss and Custo barcelona. Not to mention waterside shops that sit in Naples right outside of tampa which has Hermes VAn Cleef Aprels Christofle CArtier LV Gucci SAks etc http://www.watersideshops.com/

SO I say central Fl and south Fl Dominate TX in Upscale retail Hands down I am from Miami so i know what Florida is worth i have been to dallas and Houston and know what they are worth

Last edited by atlantaATL; 01-26-2009 at 07:31 PM..

Old 01-26-2009, 06:20 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,898,739 times
I like Illinois (Chicago) - it's close.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:45 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,891,067 times
New York. NYC is known for having excellent shopping.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:16 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,053,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
Some of the same stores but orlando has more and Orlando outlets offers more than houston outlets I have heard of the Domain and if you compare stores Orlando has Chanel Dior St john Jimmy Choo Max MAra Bloomindales Zara AG jeans Cartier Gucci Ferragamo Velibruquin. Not to mention Florida mall which has SAks etc Austin does not have The big big names this why i say Orlando beats the Domain
The Domain is new and still adding stores. No Texas city has Bloomingdales, so that's out. Also the Outlet built in Houston was just built very recently. The Domain is getting Saks, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Max,etc.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
The Domain is new and still adding stores. No Texas city has Bloomingdales, so that's out. Also the Outlet built in Houston was just built very recently. The Domain is getting Saks, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Max,etc.
We are talking Now, not future thats in 3 years Orlando and Tampa probably will Add more stores by then too. I am from florida so i know what each Major city gives and Smaller citys like Naples You ever heard of the WATERSIDESHOPS.COM the citys sits ouside of Tampa and its has major retail too . But for Texas i would Give it too Dallas because they have more than houston MAny Multiple offerings Especially for pulling that Barneys NY

Old 01-26-2009, 10:06 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,002,272 times
Im gonna have to vote for the San Antonio - Austin areas against the Orlando area. I used to live in Florida, and went to Millenia and it was not impressive to me at all, about as normal a mall as any. Not a bad mall, but nothing special. As far as outlets there are none in Florida that compare to the San Marcos Outlets between Austin and San Antonio, and The Shops at La Canterra are nicer than Millenia.
The San Antonio - Austin Areas have 2 Neiman Marcus locations, and in the process of a third, 2 Saks and rumors of a third, and 2 Nordstroms, and that's just naming those particulars.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
Im gonna have to vote for the San Antonio - Austin areas against the Orlando area. I used to live in Florida, and went to Millenia and it was not impressive to me at all, about as normal a mall as any. Not a bad mall, but nothing special. As far as outlets there are none in Florida that compare to the San Marcos Outlets between Austin and San Antonio, and The Shops at La Canterra are nicer than Millenia.
The San Antonio - Austin Areas have 2 Neiman Marcus locations, and in the process of a third, 2 Saks and rumors of a third, and 2 Nordstroms, and that's just naming those particulars.

Those are department stores and tampa is only 1 hour 30 minutes away there is neimans there and Orlando and dont forget Naples When it comes to high end Boutiques central florida has more. Theres no bloomingdales cartier st john Dior Max Mara David Yurman no jimmy choo chanel etc in those 2 citys . Im talking about Highend boutiques the whole central florida areas has more upscale retail and there isnt 2 neimans in Austin there is No Saks in Austin Go to saks and Niemans website you will see thats not true. And I think you need to look again at the selection of stores Between the 2, Orlando outlet has more highend stores than San Marco

Last edited by atlantaATL; 01-26-2009 at 10:52 PM..

Old 01-26-2009, 10:45 PM

20,501 posts, read 33,331,850 times
Quote:
Some of the same stores but orlando has more and Orlando outlets offers more than houston outlets I have heard of the Domain and if you compare stores Orlando has Chanel Dior St john Jimmy Choo Max MAra Bloomindales Zara AG jeans Cartier Gucci Ferragamo Velibruquin. ANd orlando outlets has a barneys new york, fendoi etro Y-3 ,giorgio armani , Ferragamo, Dior, M+F Girbaud( there upscale line) MaxMara etc Not to mention Florida mall which has SAks etc Austin does not have The big big names this why i say Orlando beats the SA and AUstin tons more upscale Even Tampa has GUCCI hugo boss and Custo barcelona. Not to mention waterside shops that sit in Naples right outside of tampa which has Hermes VAn Cleef Aprels Christofle CArtier LV Gucci SAks etc WATERSIDESHOPS.COM

SO I say central Fl and south Fl Dominate TX in Upscale retail Hands down I am from Miami so i know what Florida is worth i have been to dallas and Houston and know what they are worth

Again. I will say South Florida. But Orlando does not "dominate" Houston or Dallas. Now whatever South Florida has, Houston and Dallas could eventually get in the very near future because those are two thriving markets that are just waiting to be tapped.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:50 PM

20,501 posts, read 33,331,850 times
Quote:
Those are department stores and tampa is only 1 hour 30 minutes away there is neimans there and Orlando and dont forget Naples When it comes to high end Boutiques central florida has more. Theres no bloomingdales cartier st john no ferragamo no jimmy choo chanel etc that those 2 citys im talking about Highend boutiques the whole central florida areas has more upscale retail and there isnt 2 neimans in Austin there is No Saks in Austin And I think you need to look again at the selection of stores Between the 2, Orlando outlet has more highend stores than San Marco
Actually, there is a Saks in Austin. It's at the arboretum. As far as Neiman, he's talking about the original Neiman's and the last call Neiman's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.