Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which US city has the most developed medical facilities??
New York City 22 18.80%
Boston 24 20.51%
Baltimore 10 8.55%
Atlanta 8 6.84%
Rochester 6 5.13%
Los Angeles 11 9.40%
Durham 3 2.56%
Chicago 15 12.82%
Philadelphia 7 5.98%
Miami 1 0.85%
San Francisco 7 5.98%
Houston 51 43.59%
Dallas 8 6.84%
Memphis 2 1.71%
St. Louis 4 3.42%
Cleveland 5 4.27%
New Haven 5 4.27%
Pittsburgh 6 5.13%
Milwaukee 4 3.42%
Other 15 12.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 11:24 AM

2,114 posts, read 4,916,925 times

Advertisements

I really regret voting for Houston. Clearly people from that city can't handle the responsibility that comes with winning a C-D poll.

John Hopkins is the best hospital with the 2nd best lax team.

If we are going to base EVERYTHING off the authoritative power that is US NEWS than let us look at the "honour roll"..... what city has more than 1 in the top 10 (hint: there is only one. it is not Houston)

ohhh and the place where I used to have my ADD doctor is the best psychiatric hospital (seriously.)

whatre we talking about again?

GO BLUE JAYS

EDIT: look at TomDot's post immediately above me because he did what I am far too lazy to do

Except that his Gynecology numbers are totally wrong and Brigham and Women's is #1 for Gynecology..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 11:32 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Nah, I say NY is on par with Boston.

Cancer:
Dana Farber #4,
Mass General #7

Ear, nose, throat:
Mass Eye and Ear #5

Endocrinology:
Mass General #2,
Brigham &Women's #8

Gastrointestinal:
Mass General #4,
B & W #12,
Beth Israel #17

Gynecology:
Mass General #4,
Beth Israel #7

Heart:
Mass Gen. #4,
Brigham & Women's #5

Kidney:
Brigham & Women's #1,
Mass Gen. #5

Neurology:
Mass Gen. #3

Eye:
Mass Eye & Ear #4

Orthopedics:
Mass Gen. #4

Psychiatry:
Mass Gen #1,
McLean #4

Rehabilitation:
Spaulding Rehabilitation #7

Respiratory Disorders:
Mass Gen #4,
Brigham & Women's #14

Rheumatology:
Mass Gen # 6,
B & W #7,
Boston Medical #20

Children's Hospitals:
Boston Children's Hospital #2

All of these hospitals are within a 2 mile radius except McLean which is about 6 miles from the rest.
This list does not include the teaching hospitals.
Harvard Medical School
Tufts University Medical School
etc.

I really think NY and Boston win this. But of course the Texans on this board are going to get on our case for this

Old 01-28-2009, 12:12 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
I really regret voting for Houston. Clearly people from that city can't handle the responsibility that comes with winning a C-D poll.
From by unbiased opinion as I have no connection to Houston or NYC at all, it clearly seems Rachel84 is the one that can't handle Houston winning this C-D poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I really think NY and Boston win this. But of course the Texans on this board are going to get on our case for this
Everyone knows for the millionth time already which city you "think" wins this, why do you keep repeating it?

Think about it this way: Which city is the most developed in the US? I'd say NYC since it has the highest concentration of people and most development. Now think about which city has the highest concentration of medical facilities in one place, and that would be Houston.

You really just need to let it go already and accept the fact that most people felt Houston was the winner in this poll and that doesn't take anything away from NYC or any other city.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:17 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
Well I'm not the only one who thinks that. There have been others who agree with me.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:25 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Well I'm not the only one who thinks that. There have been others who agree with me.
great! then just be happy with that and let it go. No one said you were the only that thought that either, it's the internet and you can find anyone who will agree with you on pretty much anything to validate your view.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:27 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times
Quote:
Excuse me, but all Houstonians/Texans do not speak for me. Your best bet is to be specific about which users you have a problem with, rather than make one assertion for an entire group of individuals.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:05 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,916,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
From by unbiased opinion as I have no connection to Houston or NYC at all, it clearly seems Rachel84 is the one that can't handle Houston winning this C-D poll.

touche.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:55 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,842,829 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post

Old 01-28-2009, 02:44 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,348,308 times
Why is NYC even included in polls. Everyone knows that it will any poll no matter what the subject is against any city in the world. It could be about the dirtiest and most ghetto and dangerous city in the world against Cairo, Nairobi, etc. and NYC would still win. If someone is going to include it in a poll, just disregard its position unless it has something to do about being an economic powerhouse, a city with great international impact, good public transportation, tall buildings, etc.

And I don't think Houstonians are having a problem winning this problem, it's other people that can't stand the fact that a city outside of New England and Chicago is winning a poll...I mean really...get over it...move on...we know you think you're the best at everything, but that's why God made individuals: so we all have individual opinions.

To jluke: That is pretty cool that each hospital specializes in one thing. I guess that is the way to go so you can get the best care. Every city should follow that example. The TMC is technically one ginormous hospital with each individual building being like a special unit, right?

Old 01-28-2009, 03:21 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Why is NYC even included in polls. Everyone knows that it will any poll no matter what the subject is against any city in the world. It could be about the dirtiest and most ghetto and dangerous city in the world against Cairo, Nairobi, etc. and NYC would still win. If someone is going to include it in a poll, just disregard its position unless it has something to do about being an economic powerhouse, a city with great international impact, good public transportation, tall buildings, etc.

And I don't think Houstonians are having a problem winning this problem, it's other people that can't stand the fact that a city outside of New England and Chicago is winning a poll...I mean really...get over it...move on...we know you think you're the best at everything, but that's why God made individuals: so we all have individual opinions.

To jluke: That is pretty cool that each hospital specializes in one thing. I guess that is the way to go so you can get the best care. Every city should follow that example. The TMC is technically one ginormous hospital with each individual building being like a special unit, right?
Not necessarily, like you can get treated for other sickness or conditions at the hospitals, but like say if I had cancer, I'd choose M.D. Anderson over Methodist or Memorial Hermann because your working with one the best hospital in the country for cancer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.