U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 11:53 AM

3,123 posts, read 2,700,412 times

Advertisements

Here is evidence that these numbers are a hoax, and is in fact based on income, not adjusted for cost of living. People who believed in this "study" should be embarrassed.

IQ Hoax -- Debunking the hoax claiming that states with the highest average IQs voted for Gore or Kerry instead of Bush

Edit: I just realized I posted in the wrong thread, lol. The numbers given by the OP are the good ones.

Last edited by Camlon; 04-06-2012 at 12:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 11:56 AM

21,318 posts, read 21,872,221 times
thes lists ar stoopid

Old 04-06-2012, 01:50 PM

4,155 posts, read 4,481,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
The numbers seem to be BS. Like Utah gets 87 in IQ, while California gets 101. However, California has one of the worst school results in the country, while Utah is near the top.

What seems to happen is that they have ranked IQ by asking liberal questions, such as "Has Obama recovered the economy?" I have seen it been done before, by professors who lacks any form of morals. Biased researches who have no problems lying, or using dishonest numbers to further their agenda, is one of the main reason people lose faith in science.

This ranking makes a lot more sense
Average IQ by State: Honest Numbers at Last | VDARE.com

That's not saying much.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:45 PM

5,682 posts, read 8,752,084 times
Did anyone notice the smart states are colder than the rest?

Does this mean hot weather causes the brain to slip into a state of torpor?

Or it could be natural selection. Stupidity is more likely to be fatal in the northern climate. See look - this ice will hold me uuuuuuup...... or I can find my way home in this blizzard.......

Old 04-06-2012, 04:41 PM

6,564 posts, read 8,091,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
Did anyone notice the smart states are colder than the rest?

Does this mean hot weather causes the brain to slip into a state of torpor?

Or it could be natural selection. Stupidity is more likely to be fatal in the northern climate. See look - this ice will hold me uuuuuuup...... or I can find my way home in this blizzard.......
Its amazing how poorly the IQ data correlates to those states doing good in this economy. I suppose it shows IQ doesnt account for common sense in the job creation game or something like that. Given how Texas teaches to do well on tests in public schools and the liberal states call that a bad idea, how did texas do so poorly? If those states who did well on the IQ test think testing is so invalid, does that mean this list is useless?

Old 04-06-2012, 04:44 PM

747 posts, read 666,602 times
No wonder I am so smart, I always wondered why

Old 04-06-2012, 06:52 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,832,895 times
#15 is pretty good. Nebraska does get a bad rap from the coasts but it is a state with a lot of educated people. Especially in Omaha where we were just recently rated the #6 brain gain city in America.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:46 PM

20,846 posts, read 35,932,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahahonors View Post
#15 is pretty good. Nebraska does get a bad rap from the coasts but it is a state with a lot of educated people. Especially in Omaha where we were just recently rated the #6 brain gain city in America.
However, only 58% of the population in Nebraska lives in metropolitan counties. That did surprise me given the influence of Omaha and Lincoln.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:37 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,832,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
However, only 58% of the population in Nebraska lives in metropolitan counties. That did surprise me given the influence of Omaha and Lincoln.
That's true. I can tell you that 58% number has been rapidly growing and will continue to do so with the growth of Omaha and Lincoln, the emergence of Grand Island as a metropolitan city in 2013 (it just surpassed the threshold) and the decline of the rural areas.

The total growth of Omaha and Lincoln was more than 100% of the total state growth during the 2000s. The lower-populated, rural parts of the states are declining at a 5% per decade rate if you remove the fast growing Omaha/Lincoln metro areas and the tri-cities.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:30 PM

3,895 posts, read 4,566,727 times
nice to see Indiana at #19
Well ahead of the only state with the word ILL in its name.
Illinois:The most corrupt and hated state in America.
Illinois deserves its #31 ranking lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or