Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2007, 08:00 AM

252 posts, read 1,071,523 times

Advertisements

Hi, I posted this in the TN, and KY forums today, but wanted to get opinions from others who have researched other areas to death, as I have.

It boils down to Louisville, KY and the area, or Chattanooga, TN and the area! Two different climates, but both cities along a river! I have compared them cost of living wise and they are about the same. Jobs, and schools are not a factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2007, 08:47 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,528,307 times
Topo, I've never lived in either city but the trucking company I've driven for for the last 10 years is headquartered in Chattanooga and I deliver to Meijer (a Walmart competitor) stores in the Louisville area. I like both cities very much.

Chattanooga is much more hilly than Louisville. (Just North of Chattanooga on I-24 is Monteagle; one of the the largest mountains in TN. Would be a consideration if you drive to Nashville often, especially pulling a trailer)

Both have very nice areas as well as the typical "inner city" areas. I see "sprawl" a little bigger possibility in Chattanooga as the I-75 corridor to Atlanta builds up.

Metro Louisville is a growing area, as well, but you may be able to get away from the city a little easier if that's your goal. Louisville is, of course, the larger metro area. One thing that attracts me to Louisville is , despite the normal "rush hour" that cities have, it has a good number of alternate freeways to get around backups on. Most of my store deliveries are during the a.m. rush hour and I rarely get stuck in traffic (thanks to a c.b. radio and a wonderful oldies radio station with good traffic info ) Hope this is a good start for you; Best of luck!

Old 03-12-2007, 09:33 AM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topo View Post
Hi, I posted this in the TN, and KY forums today, but wanted to get opinions from others who have researched other areas to death, as I have.

It boils down to Louisville, KY and the area, or Chattanooga, TN and the area! Two different climates, but both cities along a river! I have compared them cost of living wise and they are about the same. Jobs, and schools are not a factor.
I would go with Chattanooga because it's closer to North Carolina and the mountains
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.