Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 09:44 AM

1,577 posts, read 5,687,834 times

Advertisements

I feel NJ and NY are the only ones that really LOVE baseball. It's startin to die more and more but it still a love around here. Football is overshowding it now i think
It did feel really good when my Giants won last season though

MIDWEST = College Football/pro foortball << I would say this is football nation
Philadelphia area- Hockey/pro football
South- Pro Football/college
West- pro football
NY/NJ/CT/MA - baseball/football
Rest of the NE- Football
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 10:11 AM

5,717 posts, read 16,350,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromeville View Post
In central New York, lacrosse is a sport with a very passionate following even though there are no professional teams. High school and college lacrosse. Of course, CNY is the birthplace of lacrosse.
Um, what counts as "central" New York? There have been NLL teams in Syracuse and Albany but both drew low crowds.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:20 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
I feel NJ and NY are the only ones that really LOVE baseball. It's startin to die more and more but it still a love around here. Football is overshowding it now i think
It did feel really good when my Giants won last season though

MIDWEST = College Football/pro foortball << I would say this is football nation
Philadelphia area- Hockey/pro football
South- Pro Football/college
West- pro football
NY/NJ/CT/MA - baseball/football
Rest of the NE- Football
To blanket whole regions with one sport isn't going to work...for the South, North Carolina is definitely basketball over football, and Virginia may be as well.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:39 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Basketball is pretty big in Texas, than again it might just be the black community.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:45 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,645,125 times
GA
Atlanta area is 1)football 2)basketball 3)baseball 4)maybe track and field 5) soccer?
I think the rest of GA like football and baseball then basketball.

Old 01-31-2009, 03:51 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,012,634 times
Texas:

1. Football - high and above everything else, but most everyone already knows this.
2. Basketball
3. Rodeo
4. Baseball
5. Soccer

Old 01-31-2009, 06:03 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
GA
Atlanta area is 1)football 2)basketball 3)baseball 4)maybe track and field 5) soccer?
I think the rest of GA like football and baseball then basketball.
I think in Atlanta it would be hockey at #4...

Old 01-31-2009, 07:24 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,645,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
I think in Atlanta it would be hockey at #4...
You think so? I thought that, with our weather, we'd have more successful track-stars rather than hockey folks.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:29 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
Texas:

1. Football - high and above everything else, but most everyone already knows this.
2. Basketball
3. Rodeo
4. Baseball
5. Soccer
Texas is pretty big with Track and Field as well. I attend the Texas Relays and they are always crowded with people from all over. High School Track Meets is another thing too. I'd rank Track and Field before soccer.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:52 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,012,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Texas is pretty big with Track and Field as well. I attend the Texas Relays and they are always crowded with people from all over. High School Track Meets is another thing too. I'd rank Track and Field before soccer.
Yea, your probably right. I know for girls, and young kids soccer is big, but the older you get around here it's not so big. Also I live in San Antonio where soccer is probably alot bigger than the Houston, Austin, and DFW areas because of the large latin population even though you guys have the MLS team.

When I was in HS I never wanted to compete in track and field, but I was in a 3A HS and since about 1/3 of the track team failed out after the first 6 weeks the coach kinda pused me into a couple meets at the end of the season so the team would have enough participants....lol. I really ended up liking it because it was another day out of class, and fun to hang around the girls...lol.

I watched the Big12 Championship last year in Boulder, CO. and was supprised with Texas A&M, and Baylor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.