U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 03:05 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,239,652 times

Advertisements

The beaches along the SE coast of Florida have nice breezes off the Atlantic that make it more comfortable. I've found Miami Beach up to Jupiter Island to be comfortable in the summer. However, just a mile or two inland and it gets oppressive. I rather like the humidity, but I can understand why many do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 07:51 PM

37 posts, read 397,192 times
Thank you for the suggestions, keep them coming!!

Old 04-12-2010, 03:59 PM

1 posts, read 6,463 times
I have a bad heart and various health problems and was told to move to a lower altitude and as little humidity as possible I was at a loss at where that would be. I've lived in Nashville, Massachuetts, Vermont and grew up in Florida. I now live in Co. Spgs. where the elevation is over 6000 ft. but the humidity is relatively low, most of the time. I've been looking at the NM area around Albuquerqe, still 4500 ft but about the same climate. Does anyone have any suggestion?

Old 06-24-2010, 01:28 PM

286 posts, read 576,887 times
Mr.Saturday Nite,
If you are still posting,I am going to speak from seven years of life experience in Hawaii,working in a very high profile job.I will avoid the "politically correct"answer and speak the truth.
There is a good bit of Rascism in that part of the World and it is anti-WHITE and growing....therefore your off hand remark about how friendly it is there, is an innocent mistake.
We left there for Phoenix and we could not be happier to be home.
mistake.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:12 PM

705 posts, read 1,442,449 times
California, Arizona,Nevada, New Mexico.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:29 PM

7,653 posts, read 15,331,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sieren View Post
I'm looking to re-locate to a state that has a warm to hot climate (about 60-90 degrees or so) most of the year, with lower humidity. I don't mind cooler nights/winters, but I'd prefer somewhere that generally has nice weather for outdoor activities. I currently live in WI, and I am sick of the freezing weather and humidity!
In terms of climate, (parts of) Arizona, New Mexico, at least southern Nevada, southern Utah (and perhaps southern Colorado), western Texas (but NOT eastern Texas!) and most of California would fit your description.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:29 PM

1 posts, read 5,711 times
Most of you missed the Coachella Valley Area of CA. (Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Indian Wells, La Quinta, Indio.) Its perfect for Sieren because it has the best outdoor activities and services for active Seniors in the United States. It is very affordable, but still has upscale Amenities. It has the warmest winter weather and although very hot in the summer days, the summer nights are very pleasant, and the summer days can be mitigated by going up to the local mountains in 30 minutes or the Beach in just under two hours. Its not like being in the middle of the Arizona or Nevada Desert were it too far from other climates to escape a hot day on occasion. Your within 2 hrs of L.A. Orange County & San Diego. I love San Diego, as I grew up there. But it is expensive to live there and has one of the worst real estate markets. The coast of Southern California in general has one of the most mild climates in the world. Summer highs barely in the upper 70's and winter highs in the upper 60's. Never freezes and the lows only make it in the 40's for maybe a few weeks during the year.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:22 AM

93 posts, read 150,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sieren View Post
San Diego sounds awesome!! I like the laid-back part, that is also what I am looking for. What is the cost of living like there? (like gas, groceries, rent, stuff like that) Is it REALLY expensive?

and @ the florida comment...hehe yeah I don't think I could take the humidity there...:P

Thanks!!
Didn't you say LOW humidity? Seems like a lot of folks give incorrect info occasionally. If you move INLAND from SanDiego to Orange Grove, Vista, LaMesa, etc, you can find lower humidity, but it gets hot hot hot!

Old 01-14-2012, 10:24 AM

93 posts, read 150,717 times
Default does cold bother you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindabeach View Post
I have a bad heart and various health problems and was told to move to a lower altitude and as little humidity as possible I was at a loss at where that would be. I've lived in Nashville, Massachuetts, Vermont and grew up in Florida. I now live in Co. Spgs. where the elevation is over 6000 ft. but the humidity is relatively low, most of the time. I've been looking at the NM area around Albuquerqe, still 4500 ft but about the same climate. Does anyone have any suggestion?
Redmond, OR, has extremely low humidity, and about 10-12" of rainfall. The winters have been getting colder as we hit the 'climate change' edge!

Old 01-14-2012, 10:53 AM

5,230 posts, read 11,670,708 times
Do not move to Texas. Even if you chose an area of the state that is less humid than most of the state, you'd find temperatures over 90 and often under 60.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or