U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-08-2017, 04:04 PM
 
1 posts, read 1,255 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieren View Post
I'm looking to re-locate to a state that has a warm to hot climate (about 60-90 degrees or so) most of the year, with lower humidity. I don't mind cooler nights/winters, but I'd prefer somewhere that generally has nice weather for outdoor activities. I currently live in WI, and I am sick of the freezing weather and humidity!

I would also prefer somewhere that is known for friendly people, artistic communities, and lots of fun things to do outdoors. Being close to a beach or lake for swimming would be a good bonus too!! Also, a low cost of living would be nice. Tall order, huh? hehe!

So, if anyone knows of or lives in a state/city/area like this, let me know where, and why you like it! So far, I have been considering Texas, New Mexico and Tenesee.

I was thinking about California, but from what I've heard about the general attitude there, I'm not sure. I would prefer somwhere that is known for welcoming people, and more of a small-town attitude, if you know what i mean? Feel free to prove me wrong, though, becuase I do like the climate in CA and have relatives there. ^_^

Thanks in advance!!!
I just stumbled on this thread and wanted to know where you ended up. I live in Iowa, originally from Western Canada, and am so tired of the cold and humidity myself. I've been thinking about Texas, Arizona, Nevada. I just don't know. Can you offer any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-08-2017, 04:33 PM
 
17,662 posts, read 4,058,482 times
Reputation: 5586
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannuckinia View Post
I just stumbled on this thread and wanted to know where you ended up. I live in Iowa, originally from Western Canada, and am so tired of the cold and humidity myself. I've been thinking about Texas, Arizona, Nevada. I just don't know. Can you offer any advice?
Stick to West Texas areas like Midland,Odessa,Abilene,San Angelo, and El Paso if you want mild winters with little humidity.Small towns in West Texas could work also.Most of Texas like DFWA,Houston,San Antone, and Austin is humid.The deserts in Arizona have milder winters than Texas but the summers are hotter than W.Texas there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2017, 05:22 PM
 
2,545 posts, read 1,634,457 times
Reputation: 2029
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Stick to West Texas areas like Midland,Odessa,Abilene,San Angelo, and El Paso if you want mild winters with little humidity.Small towns in West Texas could work also.Most of Texas like DFWA,Houston,San Antone, and Austin is humid.The deserts in Arizona have milder winters than Texas but the summers are hotter than W.Texas there.
West Texas is ugly and barren. Arizona or Nevada is much better than West Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2017, 05:26 PM
 
Location: South Padre Island, TX
2,452 posts, read 1,277,997 times
Reputation: 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
West Texas is ugly and barren. Arizona or Nevada is much better than West Texas.
Many areas in those states are even more barren.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2017, 09:11 PM
 
17,662 posts, read 4,058,482 times
Reputation: 5586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
West Texas is ugly and barren. Arizona or Nevada is much better than West Texas.
Good point....Arizona may be too hot for the poster because i think in Phoenix the average summer high is well over 100 but its the mid-90's in much of West Texas.Nevada and Arizona is more barren than some parts of West Texas.The desert in New Mexico could work because its cooler than Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2017, 10:48 PM
BMI
 
Location: Ontario
7,261 posts, read 4,492,065 times
Reputation: 5593
Southern New Mexico.

Specifically, Las Cruces.

Alamogordo would work too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2017, 04:06 PM
 
17,662 posts, read 4,058,482 times
Reputation: 5586
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Southern New Mexico.

Specifically, Las Cruces.

Alamogordo would work too.
I agree that Cruces and Alamogordo would be good choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2017, 08:32 AM
 
7 posts, read 2,346 times
Reputation: 18
After reading these posts, it sounds like the best place to live will have wheels on it! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2017, 09:57 AM
 
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
5,616 posts, read 3,934,565 times
Reputation: 7912
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannuckinia View Post
I just stumbled on this thread and wanted to know where you ended up. I live in Iowa, originally from Western Canada, and am so tired of the cold and humidity myself. I've been thinking about Texas, Arizona, Nevada. I just don't know. Can you offer any advice?
Most of TX is far hotter and more humid than anything in IA. Try El Paso for dry air and mild winters. In AZ you would like Prescott, as PHX will most likely be far too hot for you. Vegas is a bit cooler than PHX, but not by a huge margin, and its cooler in winter, with occasional light snow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2017, 08:58 PM
 
17,662 posts, read 4,058,482 times
Reputation: 5586
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Most of TX is far hotter and more humid than anything in IA. Try El Paso for dry air and mild winters. In AZ you would like Prescott, as PHX will most likely be far too hot for you. Vegas is a bit cooler than PHX, but not by a huge margin, and its cooler in winter, with occasional light snow.
I agree that Prescott could work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top