U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 09:19 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,142,941 times

Advertisements

above 50? and you said you wont do the FL thing.. FL is above 50 for the most part but everywhere else not so much.

But i know Fort Myers, FL is pretty cheap but some areas of that city are one of the worse areas of the state, but dont get me wrong... there is nice parts of fort myers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 07:25 AM

6,046 posts, read 10,067,122 times
She probably meant average highs of at least 50.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:15 PM

42,663 posts, read 74,401,000 times
What do you mean "too many winters"? Doesn't Michigan have one winter a year, just like everywhere else? We found Texas to be surprisingly pleasant, my city is about half Hispanic, and jobs are plentiful in Texas. Very low cost of living. You need AC about 4 months a year, and never need to turn the heat on.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:57 PM

3 posts, read 3,033 times
Thank you all for your responses. Sorry for the lateness. They all sound great. SC sounds great. I also looked up arizona...I heard things are really booming there too.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:58 PM

3 posts, read 3,033 times
By too many winters I meant over thirty years worth...

Old 10-06-2009, 04:15 PM

278 posts, read 901,788 times
We live in MI right now but are looking to relocate too. NC was on our list but its more expensive then MI. So is SC. We are looking into NW Arkansas right now. Still 4 seasons but only a dusting of snow in the winter. No hurricanes or tornados like some of SC,NC, AL,FL and TX. The health care around that area is growing. They have had great improvements to their area hospitals.

I have a friend going to school @ MUSC in Charleston, SC... Still a waiting list yrs long. GREAT school though. nice golf courses but hurricanes and about twice as expensive as MI for housing.

My husband does the same kinda work. I've been searching for jobs for him elsewhere too.. but construction is hard about everywhere right now. I heard AR,MS,LA and AL had the most jobs in the state for construction workers though.. mainly because of rebuilding after Katrina... You'd never catch me living down that far.. WAY too humid and swampy for me!!!!

Good luck on your search!!

Old 10-07-2009, 05:13 PM

534 posts, read 1,338,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBreakFree View Post
1. Temps higher than 50
2. Job availability
3. We do need to be able to purchase spanish food products (mainly puerto rican) so a latino population would be nice
4. Low crime
5. Great communities and environments to live in
and most importantly....GOLF courses!!!!
How about Phoenix / Scottsdale? Burgeoning health care environment, and the housing market - construction - will pick up again. Temperatures are nearly always, even in the winter, higher than 50. Job market is relatively stable. Big Latino market. Low crime in Scottsdale and parts of central Phoenix. Friendly neighborhoods. Golf everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.