U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:24 AM

1,698 posts, read 2,021,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiodude84 View Post
I don't dislike Chicago it's a once great American city like Detroit I hope it rebounds.
This list changes from year to year, depending on the variables. Last year's list included Los Angeles and New York City (you can look it up). Also, New York, Chicago and L.A. are the only 3 American cities that are Alpha Cities. You've started two threads about Chicago in two days, so you must be terribly concerned. Don't worry, it's still a great American city, and that's not about to change!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 08:48 AM

26,555 posts, read 47,267,732 times
No Scranton on this list? YEE-HAW! We didn't take top honors for being the suckiest place in America for a change! LOL!

Old 02-09-2009, 10:06 AM

9,176 posts, read 13,683,041 times
At the end of the day these lists have a lot of personal opinion driving them.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:16 PM

795 posts, read 1,591,120 times
Chi town is a great city but I think it would see its demise buidling that 2000ft vibrator!

Old 02-09-2009, 02:09 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,020,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
At the end of the day these lists have a lot of personal opinion driving them.
Aren't you just saying this because Chicago is number 3 or on the list and you happen to live in Chicago?

Shrinking population, legendary corruption, high taxes, high unemployement, terrible sports teams, freezing winters, high crime (higher rates than LA and NY) long commute times are hardly personal opinions and can easily win Chicago the distinction of being a "miserable" city as opposed to a "winner" city.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:20 PM

4,028 posts, read 4,282,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Aren't you just saying this because Chicago is number 3 or on the list and you happen to live in Chicago?

Shrinking population, legendary corruption, high taxes, high unemployement, terrible sports teams, freezing winters, high crime (higher rates than LA and NY) long commute times are hardly personal opinions and can easily win Chicago the distinction of being a "miserable" city as opposed to a "winner" city.
Chicago was voted best sports city in 2006. I love Chicago Winters. Our corrupton got JFK elected. Plenty of cities have bad commute times. As of the last census Chicago's population has gone up.

Aren't you just making all of your points because you have something against Chicago?

Old 02-09-2009, 04:36 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,020,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Chicago was voted best sports city in 2006. I love Chicago Winters. Our corrupton got JFK elected. Plenty of cities have bad commute times. As of the last census Chicago's population has gone up.

Aren't you just making all of your points because you have something against Chicago?

Yeah. It's a big anti-Chicago conspiracy that includes myself and Forbes

Old 02-09-2009, 09:06 PM

6 posts, read 15,512 times
During last septembers list of most stressful they ranked Chicago #1 and then right after that they said that it also ranked #1 in resident satisfaction~!!! Who you going to listen to, the people who live there or some idiot from forbes???

Old 02-09-2009, 09:07 PM

6 posts, read 15,512 times
Miserable except to the millions that live there.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:08 PM

2,778 posts, read 5,477,921 times
I hate Forbes.

Not really for dissing my hometown, but just for the severe inconsistencies. Best city last year, most miserable this year, best for business worst for... et cetera et cetera...

I hate Forbes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.