U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which SUmmer Night can you Handle or Prefer?
Florida Summer Night 34 31.78%
California Summer Night(So.Cal) 77 71.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 05:35 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,234,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
That's pretty funny...I ride bikes with my dad at night in south Florida whenever i'm there. We were parking our bikes for one minute, and I seriously got 5 misquito bites in that one minute we were standing there. My dad had about 8. The bugs are WAY worse in FL than the north.

I know it isn't the thread question, but another reason why CA summer nights are probably nicer is because they don't have the bugs FL does.
It's funny what people make up these days. I've got bitten 15 times by mosquitos in FL in the North I got bitten by a rat in NY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 05:44 PM

8,900 posts, read 13,259,536 times
^Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

About your rat bite...I find it surprising (though I do believe you) that a rat here would bite you. I live in NYC and also teach in the south Bronx where it's infested with rats. Never been bitten. I guess I'm just lucky lol.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:53 PM

11,878 posts, read 33,567,396 times
Quote:
I know it isn't the thread question, but another reason why CA summer nights are probably nicer is because they don't have the bugs FL does.
Very true! The humid South Florida summers breed mosquitoes like crazy.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:01 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,982,570 times
Default they also have something they call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Very true! The humid South Florida summers breed mosquitoes like crazy.
no see ums. Knats? They bite too.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:05 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,234,284 times
Quote:
^Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

About your rat bite...I find it surprising (though I do believe you) that a rat here would bite you. I live in NYC and also teach in the south Bronx where it's infested with rats. Never been bitten. I guess I'm just lucky lol.
Agreeing,That rat Bite was nothing Those Mosquito bites in FL made me Itching like hell.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:36 PM

15,470 posts, read 25,453,769 times
I LOVE nights in Southern Ca, at least near the coast. I prefer temps at night right around 68-73 degrees. Usually San Diego is 66-73 most summer nights and it will usually dip into the upper 60's for the low, which is nice for sleeping b/c I do not have AC. BUT I could live with FL nights, I actually don't mind humidity as much as some and like how warm it is. Hawaii has the best temps and beat both CA and FL for overall weather imo. The nights in SoCal are so much better than Northern CA where its FREEZING at night in summer, I can't stand how its 90 degrees during the day then 55 at night. Long sleeve shirts and sweaters are not suppose to be worn in summer unless you live in the Bay Area.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:52 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,486,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
The nights in SoCal are so much better than Northern CA where its FREEZING at night in summer, I can't stand how its 90 degrees during the day then 55 at night. Long sleeve shirts and sweaters are not suppose to be worn in summer unless you live in the Bay Area.
You sure you're not thinking of fall or spring? I routinely lose entire nights of sleep in summer because, even with the swamp cooler on high, the temperature is in the 80's, and I don't even live in the Valley.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:54 PM

15,470 posts, read 25,453,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k View Post
You sure you're not thinking of fall or spring? I routinely lose entire nights of sleep in summer because, even with the swamp cooler on high, the temperature is in the 80's, and I don't even live in the Valley.
only during heatwaves when temps exceed 100 are the nights warm in Northern CA, at least in the Bay Area. Other parts of NorCal maybe a little different in places that are consistently warm like the Central Valley. Bay Area weather goes below to above normal all summer b/c of the fog some days and lack of it other days. But if the temp is normal or below normal its almost always below 60 at night. The average low in July and August where I grew up, Walnut Creek/Eastbay, is 55. San Diego's coldest temperature ever recorded in July is 55 and August its 57.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:59 PM

5,859 posts, read 14,065,159 times
It is next to impossible to sleep without AC during a summer night in FL. So. Cal? It's a cinch.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:25 PM

7,731 posts, read 12,201,041 times
Definitely California summer nights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.