U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which SUmmer Night can you Handle or Prefer?
Florida Summer Night 34 31.78%
California Summer Night(So.Cal) 77 71.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 11:26 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,485,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
only during heatwaves when temps exceed 100 are the nights warm in Northern CA, at least in the Bay Area. Other parts of NorCal maybe a little different in places that are consistently warm like the Central Valley. Bay Area weather goes below to above normal all summer b/c of the fog some days and lack of it other days. But if the temp is normal or below normal its almost always below 60 at night. The average low in July and August where I grew up, Walnut Creek/Eastbay, is 55. San Diego's coldest temperature ever recorded in July is 55 and August its 57.
Yeah, the bay area has great temperatures. I was speaking of points inland. I live in the foothills and summer heatwaves can last for weeks, and can be pretty nasty at night. I can't imagine what it's like in Redding when day time temps climb to 115. I'm sure some of the folks from Arizona or inland Southern California know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 01:31 AM

2,441 posts, read 6,124,116 times
South Florida.

Most summer nights in Southern California are too cool for my tastes. For me summer is about heat with or without humidity. I enjoy summer nights that do not fall below 70 or 75. I spent a decent part of the summer of 2006 in Southern California, when they were experiencing record heat and persistent humidity that it usually confined to the east. That summer was very nice, as temperatures in the LA Basin were routinely in the lower and mid-70s at night with relatively high humidity. If summers in Southern California were routinely like the summer of 2006, my answer would be different.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:25 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,232,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
South Florida.

Most summer nights in Southern California are too cool for my tastes. For me summer is about heat with or without humidity. I enjoy summer nights that do not fall below 70 or 75. I spent a decent part of the summer of 2006 in Southern California, when they were experiencing record heat and persistent humidity that it usually confined to the east. That summer was very nice, as temperatures in the LA Basin were routinely in the lower and mid-70s at night with relatively high humidity. If summers in Southern California were routinely like the summer of 2006, my answer would be different.
Your kidding right.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:42 PM

167 posts, read 381,235 times
SoCal summer nights make me forget of all my troubles, never been to FL but dealing with humidity and mosquitos would just pist me off even more

Old 08-19-2009, 02:50 PM

11,334 posts, read 17,106,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Florida.

I don't like any indication of a slight cool or chill at all, and Florida is guaranteed to be warm and humid during the summer.

I actually prefer summer humidity to the "dryness" because it makes it feel much warmer at night.

Cool, mild, dry..... not for me..... Hot and humid all the way!

The Florida bug problem is way overhyped, I've been bitten much worse in the North by bugs than in Florida....
This is exactly why I chose Florida nights over SoCal nights .

Old 08-19-2009, 02:54 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,974,390 times
Never been to S. Ca., but N. Ca. summer nights are a thousand times better than Florida's.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:42 PM

1,512 posts, read 7,270,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Give me SoCal nights any day. Miami and South Florida are WAY too humid for me.
Give me humidity and bugs anyday over, the ever-present chance of a massive earthquake.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:36 PM

11,810 posts, read 18,813,738 times
Why do we have to create ridiculous juxtapositions for things that are so obvious? Is this an attempt to bolster our delicate egos?.
What would this look like if I asked to compare South Florida Winter Nights vs Southern California Winter Nights? Sheesh.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:05 PM

15,400 posts, read 19,578,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
Which Type of Summer Night would you take?Florida Summer Night or a So.Cal Summer Night.Explain Why?

In Florida it's Humid,Might Rain,Bugs to worry about but generally warm most of the Night.Sometimes fells Warm b/c it's humid and Sticky.

In So.Cal It's Dry,Almost never Rains at Night,No big bugs to worry about,and Generally Warm all night,not to warm or cold,Kids play outside till 12AM,I Don't have to wear a Sweater at night b/c it's very comfortable.

I Don't know about Florida but in CA time Flies in Summer when I think it's 8pm it's 11Pm.I Prefer a nice Laid Back Summer night in Ca with a nice BBQ in my Backyard.
California and you summed it up nicely...

Old 08-24-2009, 09:36 PM

167 posts, read 381,235 times
[quote=Rwarky;10356381]Give me humidity and bugs anyday over, the ever-present chance of a massive earthquake.[/quot

you cant be paranoid about something that may or may not happened in your lifetime, 4 mill. angelenos are living proof, although some of those transplants might not know what to expect when it finally happens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.