U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-18-2009, 07:07 PM

378 posts, read 812,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
I think they may have gotten Maryland wrong. Maryland below Iowa? Maybe things are put out of proportion on our local news about gangs
I didn't think MY had gangs...rather drug organizations. I think some towns in Iowa have transplants of Chicago gangs.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 07:30 PM

48 posts, read 64,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingduck41 View Post
I didn't think MY had gangs...rather drug organizations. I think some towns in Iowa have transplants of Chicago gangs.
Are sure about that, chicago gangs moving to Iowa. Thats a bit of a stretch thats 150 miles. If any thing the gangs in chicago just moved out to the suburbs of chicago.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:32 PM

4,386 posts, read 11,651,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingduck41 View Post
The Whole gang things have started in Maryland recently. But Baltimore has had lots of gangs. But you are right, its more of drug organizations than anything

Old 02-18-2009, 07:37 PM

378 posts, read 812,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown Den. View Post
Are sure about that, chicago gangs moving to Iowa. Thats a bit of a stretch thats 150 miles. If any thing the gangs in chicago just moved out to the suburbs of chicago.
Yeah, I believe Chicago's gangs have spread to quite a few other cities. On the History Channel about Gangster Disciples (Chicago-based), it mentions their expansion to Milwaukee. Here is a link:

YouTube - Gangster Inc Gangland 2of5

Also a read from 92:

Chicago Gang Connections; Turf Wars (http://www.emergency.com/gangturf.htm - broken link)

"The "Vice Lords" are said to control much of the drug traffic on the Westside and are thought to expanding into other areas of the country. Reportedly there are Chicago connected "chapters" of the Vice Lords in such unlikely places as Green Bay, Wisconsin and Des Moines, Iowa."

Old 02-20-2009, 12:07 PM

3,020 posts, read 5,973,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown Den. View Post
you have to consider the sectin 8 rules and state assistance in places like wisconsin and iowa. as silly as it sounds on the surface, both of these states have lots of former chicago residence who received government assistance at one time or another. Milwaukee and Des Moines have a lot of Chicago transplants.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:44 PM

2,848 posts, read 2,978,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiMack View Post
and if you think its a state like california, texas, new york you are wrong it is... Illinois
Yea I forgot what gang is up there it begins with a c and it's not crips!!!

I just remembered the gang based in Chicago: Folks, Folk Nation, or whatever you decide to call it...My cousin in B-more a blood, Piru, Liberty Road, and something else that begins with initials!!!

Most gang members in NC and most of the south are fake, fool, etc!!!

Last edited by BMORE; 02-20-2009 at 06:54 PM..

Old 02-20-2009, 08:10 PM

3,108 posts, read 4,971,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Yes, it is pretty sick. And when Chicago knocked down all their projects, those gangsters and section 8 types moved to the south burbs. So suburbs like Harvey, Chicago Heights, Ford Heights, Markham, etc. are gang ridden. Don't be fooled by the "suburb" label. There are very active gang members in quiet towns like Park Forest too. It's just in towns like Chicago Heights and Harvey the dope boys are actually on the block 24/7 taking turns doing shifts. The police seem to be uninterested for some odd reason...at least they are in those two towns.

About half way down the page, check out the crime index:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Ford-H...-Illinois.html

http://www.city-data.com/city/Harvey-Illinois.html

http://www.city-data.com/city/Chicag...-Illinois.html

Just a couple of examples of Chicago's "suburbs."
Most of the former project residents went to poor neigborhoods in Chicago not the suburbs. I live in Harvey and over half of the section 8 are from poor neigborhoods of Chicago not the projects. However it is true that Harvey and Chicago heights have the highest number of section 8 vouchers in the suburbs. Evanston have the highest when it comes to North suburbs.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:57 PM

2,242 posts, read 4,128,185 times
There's gangs from Chicago all over the U.S.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:04 PM

1,093 posts, read 2,214,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
There's gangs from Chicago all over the U.S.
Isn't Chicago where Oprah and our President are from...I guess that is the silver lining in this thread...Wish things were better for youth in most of the large cities besides g-bang..

Old 02-21-2009, 10:06 PM

2,242 posts, read 4,128,185 times
I'm a Latin King
Lawrence and KEdzie
LKst
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.