U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-24-2009, 06:24 PM
 
894 posts, read 2,109,196 times
Reputation: 191

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Virgo Child View Post
So I dont see how some Dragons could shoot a 10 y/o girl in an area where they have no business being, not to mention that Latin Kings go hard at any Hispanic gang that comes into their territory, so Im sure if it was a Dragon that did that he was just passing thru on the low. Ive never even heard of the Dragons doing anything of relevance since Ive been coming up anywhere in Chicago.
Just before 10-year-old Nequiel Fowler stepped in front of a bullet that wasn’t meant for her, authorities say, her alleged killer was getting a pep talk from his gang boss.

After a confrontation, the accused gunman, Luis Pena, a member of the Latin Dragons street gang, told reputed gang enforcer Antoine Lacy that he wanted to shoot some rival Latin Kings, a gang with which the Dragons have been feuding for years, authorities said.

“Lacy told Pena not to be scared and to go shoot the Latin Kings,” Cook County Assistant State’s Atty. Maria McCarthy said at a bond hearing Thursday for Pena, Lacy, and two others, Joseph Chico and Raymond Jones, all charged with first-degree murder and attempted murder. All except Jones are Latin Dragons, authorities said.

Pena entered an alley that separates Dragons turf in the 8700 block of South Escanaba Avenue from Kings turf on Exchange Avenue, an alley McCarthy said the two gangs have turned into a shooting gallery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-25-2009, 10:55 AM
 
Location: Working on infraction #2
341 posts, read 1,220,244 times
Reputation: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiMack View Post
Just before 10-year-old Nequiel Fowler stepped in front of a bullet that wasn’t meant for her, authorities say, her alleged killer was getting a pep talk from his gang boss.

After a confrontation, the accused gunman, Luis Pena, a member of the Latin Dragons street gang, told reputed gang enforcer Antoine Lacy that he wanted to shoot some rival Latin Kings, a gang with which the Dragons have been feuding for years, authorities said.

“Lacy told Pena not to be scared and to go shoot the Latin Kings,” Cook County Assistant State’s Atty. Maria McCarthy said at a bond hearing Thursday for Pena, Lacy, and two others, Joseph Chico and Raymond Jones, all charged with first-degree murder and attempted murder. All except Jones are Latin Dragons, authorities said.

Pena entered an alley that separates Dragons turf in the 8700 block of South Escanaba Avenue from Kings turf on Exchange Avenue, an alley McCarthy said the two gangs have turned into a shooting gallery.


Nice cut and paste job, but the paper that you got that from is wrong. That part of Escanaba has a supposedly renegade crew of wild young teenagers who call themselves the Hoodlums, Im not sure but I always thought they were up under Ambrose some kind of way. And it cant be Escanaba north of S. Baltimore/ 83rd because thats 4CH and CVL all day. So if there are Dragons on that end, then they are boxed in big time, and they aren't that active. But Im pretty sure thats still wrong, D-Block is LK with Ambrose on the outer fringes, never heard of Dragons in that area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2009, 04:04 PM
 
894 posts, read 2,109,196 times
Reputation: 191
well they got that info from the cpd so i think the cpd knows the dragons are there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2014, 11:27 AM
 
1 posts, read 1,830 times
Reputation: 10
There's a lot of dragons on 83 n. 87th lol n the insane dragons are in humboldt park and the have numbers and put in a lot of work. Humboldt park is not all kings lol people talk with out knowing much. Hp is divided west side is kings n people and the east side are all folks including the insane dragons lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2014, 11:58 AM
 
1,640 posts, read 2,048,618 times
Reputation: 2543
California, Texas, New York, Illinois--yes, those states have their fair share of ghetto culture and gangbangers; however, no two states are quite as dominated by ghetto culture as Florida and Georgia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2014, 12:17 PM
 
Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
10,423 posts, read 12,416,860 times
Reputation: 4857
Link doesn't work anymore.

Let me guess...

Top 10 (not in order):
California, Nevada, Texas, Missouri, Illinois, Michigan, Louisiana, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida

Bottom 10 (not in order):
Alaska, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2014, 02:22 PM
 
409 posts, read 459,700 times
Reputation: 260
The worst gang in Chicago is in City Hall, and headed by warlord Mayor Emanuel.

But the gangs in Springfield, IL are even worse, headed by the feared Governor Quinn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2014, 07:03 AM
 
Location: Maryland
4,265 posts, read 5,478,884 times
Reputation: 4594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard111 View Post
The worst gang in Chicago is in City Hall, and headed by warlord Mayor Emanuel.

But the gangs in Springfield, IL are even worse, headed by the feared Governor Quinn.
O_o few people fear Pat Quinn, which is somewhat part of his problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2014, 05:37 PM
 
Location: El Sereno, Los Angeles, CA
733 posts, read 747,364 times
Reputation: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Virgo Child View Post
People always think of LA in terms of gangs, but Chicago is far and away the gang capitol, and its been that way for a long, long time. My dad told me stories about the gangs back in the 50's and 60's in Chicago and how it was a way of life for some people back then. In fact people from LA will hate to admit this, but what turned into one of the very first blood gangs in LA- the Black P. Stone Rangers started on Blackstone Ave in Chicago, and then a branch started in the Baldwin Vista area in LA. And eventually they turned into bloods, but they still kept the name of Blackstone Ave in Chicago in their name. Today the Black P Stones in LA are actually one of the most dangerous blood sets in LA. The ones in Chicago are not bloods and are under the People allliance.
Still the gang capital culturally, when people around the world opt to emulate LA gangs more than Chicago gangs that shows you that LA is more of a gang capital.

Still would like to see GTA 6 in Chicago though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2014, 11:51 PM
 
2,331 posts, read 3,806,325 times
Reputation: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8to32characters View Post
California, Texas, New York, Illinois--yes, those states have their fair share of ghetto culture and gangbangers; however, no two states are quite as dominated by ghetto culture as Florida and Georgia.
Florida yea but Georgia is just Country Ghetto in which it is not on the same level as the Ghettos in South Florida or California, Texas, New York, and Illinois
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top