U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-09-2009, 05:52 PM
 
894 posts, read 2,108,388 times
Reputation: 191

Advertisements

and if you think its a state like california, texas, new york you are wrong it is... Illinois
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-09-2009, 05:53 PM
 
Location: Galewood
3,738 posts, read 8,680,448 times
Reputation: 2169
does Blago and his croonies count?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 06:00 PM
 
Location: Bellaire...Texas
366 posts, read 1,304,472 times
Reputation: 159
Can we get a link?

More info on this please too....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 06:09 PM
 
894 posts, read 2,108,388 times
Reputation: 191
http://www.fbi.gov/publications/ngta2009.pdf (broken link)

go to page 30 thats where that stat is from... illinois has 8-11 per 1,000 residents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 08:01 PM
 
Location: Working on infraction #2
341 posts, read 1,219,900 times
Reputation: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by ()_T View Post
Can we get a link?

More info on this please too....

People always think of LA in terms of gangs, but Chicago is far and away the gang capitol, and its been that way for a long, long time. My dad told me stories about the gangs back in the 50's and 60's in Chicago and how it was a way of life for some people back then. In fact people from LA will hate to admit this, but what turned into one of the very first blood gangs in LA- the Black P. Stone Rangers started on Blackstone Ave in Chicago, and then a branch started in the Baldwin Vista area in LA. And eventually they turned into bloods, but they still kept the name of Blackstone Ave in Chicago in their name. Today the Black P Stones in LA are actually one of the most dangerous blood sets in LA. The ones in Chicago are not bloods and are under the People allliance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 08:19 PM
 
Location: Chicago- Lawrence and Kedzie/Maywood
2,242 posts, read 5,554,803 times
Reputation: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Virgo Child View Post
People always think of LA in terms of gangs, but Chicago is far and away the gang capitol, and its been that way for a long, long time. My dad told me stories about the gangs back in the 50's and 60's in Chicago and how it was a way of life for some people back then. In fact people from LA will hate to admit this, but what turned into one of the very first blood gangs in LA- the Black P. Stone Rangers started on Blackstone Ave in Chicago, and then a branch started in the Baldwin Vista area in LA. And eventually they turned into bloods, but they still kept the name of Blackstone Ave in Chicago in their name. Today the Black P Stones in LA are actually one of the most dangerous blood sets in LA. The ones in Chicago are not bloods and are under the People allliance.
yayyyy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 09:22 PM
 
Location: Chicago - mudhole in the prairie...
1,624 posts, read 2,906,285 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiMack View Post
and if you think its a state like california, texas, new york you are wrong it is... Illinois

Why don't you post the rest of stats from FBI Uniform Crime Statistics website. It seems that Chicago tops both New York and LA in each and every crime category.... That's another reason Chicago is so miserable. (according to Forbes)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 09:41 PM
 
Location: Working on infraction #2
341 posts, read 1,219,900 times
Reputation: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Why don't you post the rest of stats from FBI Uniform Crime Statistics website. It seems that Chicago tops both New York and LA in each and every crime category.... That's another reason Chicago is so miserable. (according to Forbes)

Its not that bad, plus Chicago in July >>>>>>>> anywhere else
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 09:41 PM
 
1,694 posts, read 5,074,786 times
Reputation: 691
Why do you think Chicago is called "Gangster City"
but I wouldnt of thought Texas or New York before Ill or CA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 11:58 PM
 
Location: Chicago - mudhole in the prairie...
1,624 posts, read 2,906,285 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Virgo Child View Post
Its not that bad, plus Chicago in July >>>>>>>> anywhere else
It is that bad Chicago stats are worse then New York and AL in each and every category from murders to arson.
I can copy/paste the entire report or you can check the stats yourself at : Federal Bureau of Investigation - Uniform Crime Reports

Hey, what did you expect from the state where governors make license plates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top