U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 05:52 AM

34,691 posts, read 33,695,295 times

Advertisements

Are you talking about weather and the US? I like 4 distinct seasons and prefer temps in the low to mid 50s. My ideal state would have a longer Fall season and a shorter summer. I would definitely rule out any state that borders on the Gulf of Mexico, just on the heat factor alone. I wouldn't go any further South than where I am now but it's strictly due to temperature. I'd be open to considering places in the northern most states.

Other than hot temps over too many months, and that I wouldn't live in anyplace with a population over 35,000, there are too many specific places where I wouldn't live, to blanketly name a state or location, north or south, where I would be willing to live. Since I'm not tied to a job, I can live anywhere and can be picky about things like taxes, ideology, population density, affordability, culture, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 05:56 AM

11,878 posts, read 33,547,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Farthest North: Dallas, Texas. Farthest north in Texas I'd live and I have no interest living in a state other than Florida or Texas.

Farthest South: Fort Myers, Florida....where I am now. I wouldn't want to live in Miami or the Keys, which are the only points further south in the continental US.
From what I hear Fort Myers is really a beautiful area. As for me, (North) probably Buffalo and no further South than where I currently live (Fort Worth)

Old 02-14-2009, 12:42 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,971,762 times
Default Not cold enough sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder27 View Post
VA, NC. AND most of the GA etc. all get 4 Seasons.
Why I said I wouldn't mind living in Maine.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:25 AM

502 posts, read 1,405,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Furthest North: The Bronx

Furthest South : Staten Island
Hey Do you not travel anywhere outside of New York Geez. There are some places that are like NY but on a smaller scale.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
There is a difference between having a preference and just being rude and ignorant (see bolded part in post above yours). Yours is a preference by the way
Look here It is my opinion and if I feel that way, That is how I feel. Not everyone likes the South. It is about what you like. You moved from NY to Houston Good for you. I lived in a few places in the South and it is not for me. Get over it.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:54 AM

2,898 posts, read 2,878,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2va76 View Post
Hey Do you not travel anywhere outside of New York Geez. There are some places that are like NY but on a smaller scale.
Look here, it is Mario's opinion. If that is the way he feels, that's the way he feels. Some people don't like places outside of NY. It is about what he likes. Maybe he lived in places outside of NY and didn't like them. Get over it

Old 02-16-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Look here, it is Mario's opinion. If that is the way he feels, that's the way he feels. Some people don't like places outside of NY. It is about what he likes. Maybe he lived in places outside of NY and didn't like them. Get over it
First of all, mind your business. I was speaking on the fact that he only know about what is going on in NY but IMO I do not think he has been out or ever lived outside of NY.

You have been dismissed.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:17 PM

893 posts, read 2,518,956 times
Quote:
Like where?

If the whole North America.

Furthest North: Montreal
Furthest South: San Diego (not the SE states though)

If only the states:

Furthest North: Boston
Furthest South: San Diego on the west coast, DC on the east coast, Denver in the middle.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:24 PM

5,515 posts, read 17,683,181 times
Quote:
First of all, mind your business. I was speaking on the fact that he only know about what is going on in NY but IMO I do not think he has been out or ever lived outside of NY.

You have been dismissed.
Why dont you mind your buisness?

It's my opinion. Just like many of the southerners here are showing their southern pride by stating they wouldn't go north past the "mason-dixon" line, I am showing pride in my hometown by stating I wouldn't leave NYC.

There's nothing wrong with any of that.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. So relax.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:38 PM

19 posts, read 52,090 times
Furthest North... Richmond, VA
Furthest South... Cozumel, Mexico
Favorite Candy... Cadbury Egg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.