U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 06:18 AM

3,133 posts, read 8,336,452 times

Advertisements

I vote for building a new capitol - very futuristic. DC is old, has too much crime and serves as a bad example to the rest of the world that all hates us. We need to renew ourselves. Make it more centrally located.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 02:58 PM

2,418 posts, read 4,196,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
I vote for building a new capitol - very futuristic. DC is old, has too much crime and serves as a bad example to the rest of the world that all hates us. We need to renew ourselves. Make it more centrally located.

The rest of the world doesn't hate us. They hate our government, and with good reason. Moving it somewhere else isn't going to help.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:09 PM

4,382 posts, read 15,324,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
So DC has been a city since 1989?
It's what we call an example which i used. you can look it up on wikipedia if you'd like

[/quote]How isn't Brasilla a "true" city? It has over 2 million people living there and is the only city founded in the 20th Century that is listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Besides, who are these "Brazilians" that say their capitol city lacks any real neighborhoods?[/quote]

The people who say this are people all over. I mean you only have to look at photos to see what they mean. sorry but this is pointless and you have no reason to hate DC. Next

Old 02-18-2009, 03:11 PM

4,382 posts, read 15,324,812 times
Quote:
Pittsburgh is old. Lets build "New Pittsburgh", and put it someplace else
I mean, it is part of the US and the world hates it. Yea! good idea. plus, it has crime and doesn't serve as a good example to some people to represent Pennsylvania. Lets Put New Pittsburgh in Kansas and make it 100x uglyer! Yay!

Old 02-18-2009, 03:12 PM

8,190 posts, read 12,331,660 times
Quote:
I vote for building a new capitol - very futuristic. DC is old, has too much crime and serves as a bad example to the rest of the world that all s us. We need to renew ourselves. Make it more centrally located.
Why do we need a new capitol building? And I like old cities. They have charm and character that lots of newer cities don't.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:25 PM

9,468 posts, read 12,311,835 times
Default You have a good sense of Horror Humor.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder27 View Post
I got to thinking, everyone was talking about where the new capital should be. I think Richmond would be perfect! Its nice and you can walk to most of the restaurants and stores and people here are friendlier than DC. Also we serve sweet tea in most all the restaurants, so people from further South would feel at home here.
That's a good joke , you have a good sense of horror humor don't you..LOL...if Washinton D.C. should be moved..AKA..The National Capitol , it should Be Moved Under-Ground directly below the current city of Washington D.C...just start all over from scratch with ours National Capitol....Smile.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:31 PM

3,285 posts, read 5,434,497 times
Richmond as the national capital!!! Aint gonna happen to many government agencies have new offices in d.c., plus if you ask me the nation's secondary capital is Arlington!!! It's something sneeky about Arlington that I can't point out. lol Is it the Pentagon, is it because it's boundaires look to much like D.C.'s boundaries (as in it looks as if it completes the West Portions of D.C.), I cant point it out!!!

http://www.bluedoorpainters.com/images/map.gif (broken link)
Can you see what I mean, Arlington makes D.C. a full diamond shape!!!

Back on topic-Just by having stores, restaurants, and etc isn't going to make it move to Richmond, think about security, proximity, and etc!!!

Everything for the President is in Maryland from his Plane (Airforce one) to his secondary white house (it's not the white house but it's the official secondary house)

Camp David
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_David

The security bunkers for the president are in PA, but I believe that they stretch to Maryland. It just will never work it would cost over $10 billion to create Richmond as the national capital, for that matter any city!!!!

Old 02-19-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
Richmond as the national capital!!! Aint gonna happen to many government agencies have new offices in d.c., plus if you ask me the nation's secondary capital is Arlington!!! It's something sneeky about Arlington that I can't point out. lol Is it the Pentagon, is it because it's boundaires look to much like D.C.'s boundaries (as in it looks as if it completes the West Portions of D.C.), I cant point it out!!!

Can you see what I mean, Arlington makes D.C. a full diamond shape!!!

Back on topic-Just by having stores, restaurants, and etc isn't going to make it move to Richmond, think about security, proximity, and etc!!!

Everything for the President is in Maryland from his Plane (Airforce one) to his secondary white house (it's not the white house but it's the official secondary house)

Camp David
Camp David - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The security bunkers for the president are in PA, but I believe that they stretch to Maryland. It just will never work it would cost over $10 billion to create Richmond as the national capital, for that matter any city!!!!
Arlington was part of DC, VA asked for its land back. DC was originally a perfect diamond shape.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:07 PM

3,285 posts, read 5,434,497 times
I know but, don't you think that it wouldn't be a perfect diamond any more because Arlington was existent yet, so they wouldn't have restored it to it's original city limits!!! So why did they put it into a Diamond, I believe it's the nations 2ndary capitol!!! Addition to that is a lot of government agencies are based there!!!!!

Old 02-19-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
I know but, don't you think that it wouldn't be a perfect diamond any more because Arlington was existent yet, so they wouldn't have restored it to it's original city limits!!! So why did they put it into a Diamond, I believe it's the nations 2ndary capitol!!! Addition to that is a lot of government agencies are based there!!!!!
It's the immediate suburbs of DC. I guess it's the natural place to put the cemetary and the Pentagon. Just like Camp David is nearby in Maryland. Washington isn't all that big. That doesn't mean it needs to be relocated or rebuilt. We don't have enough old cities as it is. Why do I keep responding to this thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.