Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 10:49 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,288,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder27 View Post
Also, we need some economic growth now that Circuit City went kaplooey.
Everyone listen! Richmonder is right, all we need to do is revitalize Circuit City and then the economy will be good again! Quick, everyone, we have to tell congress!

You also made this post after saying you thin DC should stay where it is in another thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 11:18 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,643,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Not going to happen. Seriously, I have never heard any talk of this. The political ramifications alone would be tremendous. What would we do with the political entity, the District of Columbia? Would Richmond have to be removed from Virginia, and made into a federal district? Etc.
Wouldn't MD just take the land back? I wonder what they would name that space and I bet that Washington D.C. (the name) would relocate too and become fed territory in VA.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:22 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,681,186 times
You do realize that Denver is where the capital will be moved shall it ever be,right?
If you do then carry on and fantasize lol im just making sure.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:47 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,158 times
If we were "forced" to move our capitol, it should be centralized like the original intent of DC with the 13 colonies. St. Louis through Chicago is an area I would start for looking for a new location. Of course we would have to take that city away from that state to be independent and they may not like that...

Old 02-10-2009, 11:55 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,008,155 times
Having restaurants that serve sweet tea is not a good enough reason, IMO, to move the nation's capital. In 2009 you can find freshly brewed sweet tea quite easily in most any city across the country.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:38 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,025,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder27 View Post
I got to thinking, everyone was talking about where the new capital should be. I think Richmond would be perfect! Its nice and you can walk to most of the restaurants and stores and people here are friendlier than DC. Also we serve sweet tea in most all the restaurants, so people from further South would feel at home here.

Oh yall serve sweet tea in most restaurants huh, well then I guess the capitol should be moved, but how does this relate to anyone not in the South.

We serve great enchiladas here should we move the capitol to Albuquerque so the people from the West will feel at home here, that is the dumbest thing Ive ever read.

and if I want some sweet tea I'll just get some from Chick-fil-a or Popeyes or my girlfriend who brews it for me all the time.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:34 AM

1,020 posts, read 2,754,459 times
IF we were going to move the capital, it would likely be to a central location, such as Denver. Economically speaking Denver isn't the most important place, but it is, if nothing else, in the middle.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:31 AM

2,441 posts, read 7,008,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k View Post
IF we were going to move the capital, it would likely be to a central location, such as Denver. Economically speaking Denver isn't the most important place, but it is, if nothing else, in the middle.
In the middle of what? Denver is by no means in the geographical center of the country. Denver is even in the center of the country when you look a population either. If being in the middle of the country is important, the capital of the United States should be in Kansas City or something like that. Definitely not Denver.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:57 AM

1,694 posts, read 5,681,186 times
Definitely not Denver? You should let them know so they can change there whole "Plan B" then.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:59 AM

6,339 posts, read 11,084,820 times
The cost to the taxpayers to move all of the essential buildings in DC or even build new structures makes this idea impossible. A new Pentagon? Or Capitol building? We'll be bankrupt very soon anyway thanks to the phony bailout bills and there won't be any money to build anything or move anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.