U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 03:19 PM

1,191 posts, read 3,236,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Actually, Richmond is more in the central part of Virginia, not Northern but anyways...
To be fair, I did state that I grew up in Northern Virginia. That is what the poster was referring too.

However, my family has been in Richmond area since the 1600s, as well as Arkansas, Tennessee, North Carolina, and Mississippi. I just happened to be born in a place that is questionably the South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 03:22 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,137,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder27 View Post
To be fair, I did state that I grew up in Northern Virginia. That is what the poster was referring too.

However, my family has been in Richmond area since the 1600s, as well as Arkansas, Tennessee, North Carolina, and Mississippi. I just happened to be born in a place that is questionably the South.
1600s!! WOW

My family came to ellis Island.. what was that? the early 1900s?

Old 02-12-2009, 03:32 PM

2,418 posts, read 4,196,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Actually, Richmond is more in the central part of Virginia, not Northern but anyways...

I was referring to the birthplace of the OP, Northern VA.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:36 PM

1,191 posts, read 3,236,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
I was referring to the birthplace of the OP, Northern VA.
Am I not a real Richmonder even though my family came to Richmond area in the late 1600s? I suppose that doesnt count, lol

Yeah, I was born in Sterling, but shoot, my family goes back in Richmond probably moreso than most "old" Richmonders, lol

Old 02-12-2009, 04:22 PM

51 posts, read 124,633 times
Quote:
Accent has nothing to do with education. There are many Southron accents that rival the British . My family in Richmond , for example, we speak the King's English. You probably now just have bland, generic, Midwest Accent which you think is non-accent.
I'm afraid it does...education and travel, along with exposure to different people/cultures, will lessen any kind of accent. Please don't predict what my accent sounds like...there is absolutely no way for you to know that information by reading words on a screen.

You seem very confrontational with every person you encounter on this site. Are you just constantly looking for an argument?

Old 02-12-2009, 05:58 PM

6,488 posts, read 16,157,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
Are you guys sure that isn't BlueinVA? Or BlueVA. Or something like that. I hope so. There cannot be two of them.
vasinger, blueva, and now Richmonder27. All the same person.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:27 PM

2,418 posts, read 4,196,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
vasinger, blueva, and now Richmonder27. All the same person.
Very distinct posting style.

Back to the topic: on second thought, I'm glad I was born in Richmond. I'll always be from there. I'll never live there again if I can help it. I'll go back often to visit family and I'll leave again, every time.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:49 PM

6,749 posts, read 19,953,132 times
Quote:
. And The Fan- that is very unique. Very few cities have neighborhoods as beautiful or as well preseved at that

Its because Richmond values its history that we have rows of Victorian Gems like that, and great neighborhoods, and museums, and architecture.
Old Louisville: from Flickr

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/77/19...65e277.jpg?v=0

Old 02-12-2009, 08:56 PM

21 posts, read 49,870 times
I was born in Rhode Island, the smallest southern New England state. I have always had a connection to England though and have visited it twice. I don't know if if was because I grew up in the 60's with the British invasion of The Beatles and James Bond, but I was the only member of the family with such a connection. I fell in love with the comedy shows when I was 16 and have been a Britcom fan since. I finally wrote a novel, a British American comedy and it got published last August. The ironic part? I am not of British anscestry, I am Irish American!

Old 02-12-2009, 08:58 PM

23,083 posts, read 35,035,900 times
How many Richmonders does it take to replace a light bulb?
Six; one to screw in the new one, and five more to admire the patina on the old one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or