Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 03:51 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,101,478 times

Advertisements

Anywhere on the West coast of Florida (Naples, Ft Myers, Sarasota, St Pete etc.) and Broward County up to Jacksonville on East side of Florida. Biloxi MS, Coastal South Carolina like Garden City. Corpus Christi TX.

I would say California as well, but the Pacific is not very warm much of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 11:08 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmizer View Post
Hey Everyone,

I'm a young college guy looking to move from the western high desert to the ocean. I don't really mind where it is but in particular I'm looking for a place that is
- Close to the ocean (of-course)
- Warm enough to surf
- Friendly people
- Cheap enough for a college guy to live/rent
- has a good night life/ activities

If anyone would be willing to offer any insight I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.
Near to a job?

Old 03-15-2010, 11:14 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,143,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwriter View Post
Maybe San Diego? Great town with good surfing. Hawaii might be good for you, too - but it is expensive.
And San Diego isn't expensive? Also, is San Diego even warm enough for him? I have never felt warm water in the California surf.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:21 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,621,070 times
What about Houston? only 30 miles to Galveston

Visit Houston Texas - Tourism, Houston Events, Special Offers, Info & More! - Greater Houston CVB

GALVESTON.COM: Official Website of Galveston Island, Texas Tourism & Marketing

There's also South Padre Island
http://www.sopadre.com/

http://www.spichamber.com/relocation.php (broken link)

Old 03-17-2010, 04:38 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
And San Diego isn't expensive? Also, is San Diego even warm enough for him? I have never felt warm water in the California surf.
San Diego is the warmest water & only averages in the low 70's from July to September. http://www.beachcalifornia.com/beach...mperature.html The California coast is too cold unless one doesn't mind chilly water most of the time. Florida is the best choice for warm ocean.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,338 times
i am a widow with 3 small children i want to relocate and start our lives over i would love to be near the beach but im a cosmetologist and its not the best profession to be in to start over any suggestions?

Old 05-14-2012, 08:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,050 times
Hi I am looking for some place cheap and has jobs especially for teachers. I would like to be where the ocean is and it dosent get so cold. I would also like this place to be child friendly with hopefully good schools and a quaint neighborhood. My children and I need a new start. We are ready to leave Kentucky behind for awhile.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:55 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,385,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Anywhere on the West coast of Florida (Naples, Ft Myers, Sarasota, St Pete etc.)
wrong wrong wroooooong

FL's west coast has no waves.

(yes i know i'm replying to the past)

Old 05-16-2012, 02:58 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildheart58 View Post
Hi I am looking for some place cheap and has jobs especially for teachers. I would like to be where the ocean is and it dosent get so cold. I would also like this place to be child friendly with hopefully good schools and a quaint neighborhood. My children and I need a new start. We are ready to leave Kentucky behind for awhile.
The better school districts in Florida for teaching jobs (near or on the coast) that are also nice places to live with kids (the two pretty much always go hand in hand) are:

Palm Harbor
NE Clearwater/Countryside
Oldsmar/East Lake area
Safety Harbor
Ponte Vedra/Ponte Vedra Beach
North St Augustine
St Augustine Beach
Crescent Beach
Vilano Beach
Sarasota
Satellite Beach
Cocoa Beach
Melbourne Beach
Indialantic
Jensen Beach
Stuart
Fort Walton Beach
Destin

Old 12-07-2014, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,048 times
Default moving advice

I am a single mother of two boys. We are looking to move somewhere warm and preferably near the water. Or at least close. Being our only income, I am looking for somewhere that will have good job opportunities and not a high cost of living. I also want somewhere that doesn't have a huge crime rate seeing that I'm trying to raise good young men. Any ideas and good advice would be great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.