U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2007, 08:46 AM

414 posts, read 2,415,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_lady View Post
why would women in the greater chicagoland area look and sound like hillary clinton?
They do lol. You get 40 year old moms who want a Lexus GX470 and a dog and a husband who works as a partner at a big downtown law firm or some kind of business exec down in Chicago. They will go to Starbucks and cart the kids around and act icy all day long. I've seen some pretty women up here in Chicagoland and Hilary isn't bad looking at all but man their personalities would turn me off. They want too much, into the consumptive culture and all of that, too high strung, high maintenance women.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:54 AM

414 posts, read 2,415,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
IMO, she isn't much to look at. Of course, I'm not into blondes.
Vasinger you should at least acknowledge that there are good looking women up north if you don't happen to care for them or their personality.

I am not interested in Northern women because I wouldn't share that much in common and I find they lack a lot of the qualities that Southern women have : easy going and laid back personalities, sweet and supportive, charm, faith. And indeed the South has more of a pageant culture and women who want to dress femininely and have good manners. I'm not a stereotypical man but some southern women are pretty good cooks too and of course that's something nice that comes with the territory and if you think I'm a lazy man I like to cook too and will do the barbecuing. That stuff I learned from daddy.

I find the Southern accent charming and ingratiating. Southern women really know how to make a man feel good and treat him well. And what do they get in return? Well some guys aren't nice and then that's a terrible arrangement but some guys are nice as well. I find it weird that Northern women want to find jerks or dumb jocks that are go nowheres during college and then they do a total 180 and are looking for a guy thats rich in their late 20s and early 30s. Human nature I guess, I've always considered myself self sufficient and I don't care if a girl has a dime to her name or gets $10,000/month in trust fund checks.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:20 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,204,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet1986 View Post
I am not interested in Northern women because I wouldn't share that much in common and I find they lack a lot of the qualities that Southern women have : easy going and laid back personalities, sweet and supportive, charm, faith. And indeed the South has more of a pageant culture and women who want to dress femininely and have good manners. I'm not a stereotypical man but some southern women are pretty good cooks too and of course that's something nice that comes with the territory and if you think I'm a lazy man I like to cook too and will do the barbecuing.
I find the Southern accent charming and ingratiating. Southern women really know how to make a man feel good and treat him well. And what do they get in return? Well some guys aren't nice and then that's a terrible arrangement but some guys are nice as well. I find it weird that Northern women want to find jerks or dumb jocks that are go nowheres during college and then they do a total 180 and are looking for a guy thats rich in their late 20s and early 30s. Human nature I guess, I've always considered myself self sufficient and I don't care if a girl has a dime to her name or gets $10,000/month in trust fund checks.
I echo your observations on the northern culture but I had also lived in the south for awhile,long enough to get to know 'what's going on'-
From what I see sure the southern women can be sweet and all but in my experience kind of 'drifty' with men,meaning they don't always commit fully to one man and also get around alot. So they're not all as subservient as people might think

Old 05-09-2007, 01:45 PM

2 posts, read 10,043 times
Yes, they are drifty. However, the south has more beauties per capita than anywhere else. I think the ugliest of the uglies come from 3 places: upper New England, Upper Mid-West, and the Pacific Northwest. Just my opinion, though.

Old 05-09-2007, 06:08 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,280,287 times
I must agree that the Upper Midwest is not a place you go to find attractive women in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet1986 View Post
They do lol. You get 40 year old moms who want a Lexus GX470 and a dog and a husband who works as a partner at a big downtown law firm or some kind of business exec down in Chicago. They will go to Starbucks and cart the kids around and act icy all day long. I've seen some pretty women up here in Chicagoland and Hilary isn't bad looking at all but man their personalities would turn me off. They want too much, into the consumptive culture and all of that, too high strung, high maintenance women.
My girlfriend from Japan visited in February and we went shopping on the Mag Mile. Yes, she went shopping, I went to the cashier with the credit card.
Women the world over are the same.

Still, Chicagoland has the mass of these people in such large quantities that I cannot stand Deerfield or Schaumburg unless it's late on Saturday night and most of them are inside watching their plasma TVs!

At the Greater Cleveland or Metro Detroit or St Louis level, the crass consumption suburban culture is tolerable. Chicagoland is just nuts!
... I hear Los Angeles is worse.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:44 PM

31 posts, read 25,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy2007 View Post
I think Polish and Italian Women are Gorgeous :-)
The gorgeous ones make you regret you went after them, Polish women especially. They want to wear the pants in the family, even the ugly ones!

Old 05-20-2007, 01:50 PM

353 posts, read 377,902 times
Pacific Northwest. Hands down. The problem with the folks there is that you never really know whose the guy and whose the gal. The guy usually has long hair and the girl is wearing pants, hairy armpits, flannel, and has short hair. Yikes!

Girls in Colorado aren't too bad. The south is quite obviously the most beautiful people place in America.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:19 PM

418 posts, read 1,634,515 times
This whole thread is hilarious! I rarely read posts in the Gen. U.S. forum, but the title of this one caught my eye!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that every state has its fair share of pretty and ugly people. But being from the South, I guess I'm biased and think that we have the best!

Old 05-20-2007, 02:46 PM

9,324 posts, read 23,792,531 times
Ugliest? Miami has a lot of short, fat, dumpy girls and guys, most of the hotties are tourists. Here in the Keys the women are sun-dried raisins and quite scary, but since most men here are too they get along fine. Best looking tourists I have seen were from Minnesota and Iowa. Everyone was just too old to tell the difference.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:05 PM

11,435 posts, read 16,463,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_TN_Nana View Post
Mississippi has had 4 Miss Americas....guess that kinda blows his theory!

That only says that states like mississippi place a greater emphasis on girls being in contests from an early age on up. by the time that they are in their late teens, they are much more practiced in beauty pageants and how to win them. my sisters were born and raised in texas (as I). when they were aged 4 or 5, they were in beauty/talent contests for little girls and then teens. there was an emphasis placed on it just like football is for southern boys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or