U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2007, 11:58 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,905,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlh891 View Post
LOL! Do you LIVE in Miami? It's FULL of ugly people, it really is.
I have friends there who tell me otherwise. No I don't use CSI Miami to stereotype Miami although you do have to wonder how the hell they managed to cram so many chicks together in each episode. So what is Miami then? Just an ugly city full of mostly LAtinos(THAT IS NOT BAD!)???

Old 05-23-2007, 01:35 PM

612 posts, read 2,544,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
I have friends there who tell me otherwise. No I don't use CSI Miami to stereotype Miami although you do have to wonder how the hell they managed to cram so many chicks together in each episode. So what is Miami then? Just an ugly city full of mostly LAtinos(THAT IS NOT BAD!)???
So, just to set the record straight, you have never been to Miami but you are questioning me after I lived there for a number of years, right?

(PS) Your friends are wrong. Miami, for the most part, is not correctly depicted on tv. And you may not want to point out Latinos like you did, I think it's just plain rude to say what you did.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:45 PM

223 posts, read 217,993 times
every state has its share of horrid looking people.if i had to choose 1 state it would be texas.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:01 PM

353 posts, read 378,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james203 View Post
every state has its share of horrid looking people.if i had to choose 1 state it would be texas.
You must have never been there. Maybe some of the poofy-haired old ladies are a little, um, gauche, but most of the single girls there are just *wow*. I don't know what it is but Texans are simply smokin' hot. I think it has something to do with the emphasis on image and looking good in cities like Dallas and Houston. People there take care of themselves and try to look good. I mean, compare Laura Bush to Hillary Clinton. You just know that Hillary is wearing sweats and spandex--perish the thought--and eating Dreyers and Oreos when she's not campaigning. But Laura always tries to look prim and proper and takes her personal image seriously.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:40 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,209,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlh891 View Post
LOL! Do you LIVE in Miami? It's FULL of ugly people, it really is.
Have you ever been to South Beach?

Old 05-23-2007, 06:46 PM

165 posts, read 420,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev85 View Post
Yes, they are drifty. However, the south has more beauties per capita than anywhere else. I think the ugliest of the uglies come from 3 places: upper New England, Upper Mid-West, and the Pacific Northwest. Just my opinion, though.
In other words, all the places that border Canada.

Last edited by Marya; 05-23-2007 at 06:56 PM..

Old 05-23-2007, 07:44 PM

612 posts, read 2,544,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Have you ever been to South Beach?
Many times.

Question for you....have you ever lived whereof you speak? I have.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:50 PM

2,441 posts, read 6,122,606 times
Miami, and Florida, in general, have the ugliest people alive. Trust me, warm weather does not equate to attractive people. When I lived in Miami, there were many times where I would be so disgusted looking at ugly people that I would have to close my eyes. Many of the attractive people who you see on SOBE and Fort Lauderdale are NOT from Florida. Lets not even get started on Central and North Florida. North Florida has some of the ugliest people you will ever have the misfortune of laying your eyes upon. The mix of poor diet - consisting largerly of fried foods, biscuits, and sweet tea, combined with EXTREMELY poor hygiene and strong sunlight has created horrible-looking "humans."

Arizona also has some very downtrodden looking people. A lot of the older natives resemble Gucci handbags, as the sun out here is relentless. The low humidity does not help the situtation, AT ALL. A lot of the younger women, especially in Scottsdale (highest rate of plastic surgeons in the United States), look good only though plastic surgery. Just wait 40-50 years, and they too will look like cheap purses.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:49 PM

7,823 posts, read 12,330,814 times
Florida and California (yes, California)

Both states are filled with ugly illegal immigrants and fat old people who retired from New York and New Jersey.

For every hot girl in Santa Monica there are 4 or 5 ugly illegals in South Central LA or working on farms in the Central Valley.

I think North Carolina, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Idaho, and Texas have a lot of pretty girls....and of course let us not forget Hawaii!!

Old 05-25-2007, 07:46 AM

792 posts, read 2,903,745 times
Maine generally speaking. There are simply alot of weird-looking people of both genders who dress oddly, and don't look like or sound like they get much sunlight as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or