U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2007, 08:05 AM

7,139 posts, read 13,193,899 times

Advertisements

Maybe the Sunshine States have the best looking people? Just what I have noticed. Lots of pretty women here in Texas. I am no beauty, but no slug either!

Old 04-21-2007, 11:54 PM

5,849 posts, read 15,958,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
Southlander, exalted your rep for the preposterous thread title. Now PLEASE tell me that you kept the key and are about to put some of these good folks to bed. Bless their little hearts.
Wow, this thread suddenly got new life! Well, bless your heart, thanks very much for the rep! I think only the moderator can close a thread.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:11 AM

911 posts, read 3,251,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine D View Post
I would LOVE to see what everyone who posted a reply about who is ugly, LOOKS like I have a feeling.....they are NOT beautiful or handsome to most. But, you know what? They are good looking to someone! We all find different looks attractive. What a relief or otherwise we'd all look the same. I've worked as a model and a makeup artist. With the proper clothes and cosmetics, most people (male and female) can be made to look COMMERCIALLY attractive. As an artist, I prefer different kinds of beauty to portray. In every region of our country or the world, the people reflect their lifestyle. Isn't that what makes travel and meeting new people so much fun?!
Well, Just who Does'nt Like "Eric Bana"...?

Old 04-22-2007, 12:23 AM

60 posts, read 47,252 times
Angry Northern women

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
I think northern women are plainer looking. Plus their horrible accents don't help much either.
You aren't making many friends here among Northern women. Just a thought.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:51 PM

6,490 posts, read 16,181,014 times
Things I love about this thread:

1. It started as a joke, but pages worth of posts seem to have some seriously heated debating

2. Ugly/beautiful is determined only by looking at the female population.

3. Ugly/beautiful is argued by nearly everyone to be entirely objective.

4. Generally speaking the opinion here is that "Southern belles" and pageant winners are prettier than career-driven, goals-oriented women.

5. That there seems to be a notion that certain parts of the country are more prone to produce objectively hotter women than others.

I think this thread ended up being a much larger joke than Southlander anticipated!!! Rep points for the LOLs this thread has produced!

Old 04-22-2007, 09:42 PM

414 posts, read 2,417,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Things I love about this thread:

1. It started as a joke, but pages worth of posts seem to have some seriously heated debating

2. Ugly/beautiful is determined only by looking at the female population.

3. Ugly/beautiful is argued by nearly everyone to be entirely objective.

4. Generally speaking the opinion here is that "Southern belles" and pageant winners are prettier than career-driven, goals-oriented women.

5. That there seems to be a notion that certain parts of the country are more prone to produce objectively hotter women than others.

I think this thread ended up being a much larger joke than Southlander anticipated!!! Rep points for the LOLs this thread has produced!
I agree pageant women are much prettier and sweet. Who the hell said Alabama had ugly people, lots of beautiful, nice women. And they are really women too not tree hugging, career slogging, you can't go wrong with southern women (well not all are pretty but they are sweet.)

Old 04-23-2007, 09:43 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,218,658 times
In my personal experience,and I'm speaking judging from the women I look at-
Having lived mostly in the NJ,PA area it seems that NJ people seem to be the most 'polished' and vain and not alot of ugly people(except maybe the south Jersey faction which pretty much is influenced by nearby Philthydelphia and have sort of an 'appalachian' look to them
In eastern PA at least there are a few maybe attractive women,but outside of the big city and the yuppie suburbs where the prefab 'beautiful people' are,the people are kinda big and fat but not completely ugly.
In nearby Delaware they seem to be just bland looking.
In southwest Virginia where I lived for a couple of years there are some bland people mixed with some mildly attractive ones(sorry VA
And in Florida where I also lived for a couple of years,in Orlando the women were mindblowing,like model wannabees. Also from what I've seen of South Beach in Miami,those are supposed to be some of the most 'beautiful' people in the country.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:43 AM

3,042 posts, read 8,095,528 times
philly hands down

Old 04-23-2007, 09:45 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,379,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
philly hands down
Alright Carolinajack! Rep point to you!

Old 04-23-2007, 09:47 AM

13,577 posts, read 21,738,535 times
Boy oh boy, we are such a bunch of fun people!! We should all turn our web cams on, then we could really talk about ugly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or