Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 12:47 PM

364 posts, read 526,727 times

Advertisements

"You started it". Man how old is this guy? LOL.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:15 PM

569 posts, read 1,228,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
There's lots of Scarlett O'Haras here in Richmond. The more a Southern belle smiles, the more there is pure poison behind that smile.

When she insults someone she always says "bless his/her heart"......
If you're using Scarlett O'Hara as the barometer for southern women then I'll take a northern woman anyday. I watched Gone With The Wind for the first time a couple of weeks ago and let me tell you something, Scarlett was a bee-yotch!

Old 03-19-2007, 04:18 PM

31 posts, read 35,986 times
Ugliest women, no contest whatsoever, is northern suburbs of Chicago. Hottest women of Caucasian descent would be Phoenix, AZ metro.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:36 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,795,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdbeard5 View Post
If you're using Scarlett O'Hara as the barometer for southern women then I'll take a northern woman anyday. I watched Gone With The Wind for the first time a couple of weeks ago and let me tell you something, Scarlett was a bee-yotch!
But she was hot.

And personally, I think this whole thread is awful !

The whole idea about ugly/beauty.

Its all in the eye of the beholder.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:02 PM

323 posts, read 1,131,285 times
How did this thread all of a sudden just become about the way women from different regions look and talk? Wasn't the topic "States with the ugliest people?" Nothing to do with accents, and of course half the population of people are men and there's not much on here said about them.
So I'll put in my two cents.
To generalize, Ohio and Pennsylvania have some homely looking people.
Some of the hottest girls I've seen have been in Chicago, UT's campus (Austin) and MSU's campus in Mich.
Don't even bother bringing NY or CA into the mix of attractiveness because half those people are transplants.
The sexiest accents I've ever heard are Louisiana men. Especially around the New Orleans/Baton Rouge areas.

That said, there are gorgeous and ugly people all over. Fat and thin people all over. And as far as accents go, even if you're in the same state, people don't all talk the same. I don't have a classic midwestern nasal accent, and most of the people in my generation don't. However, our older relatives really do, in some cases. Plus, speaking for Michigan, one person might have an accent and another might not. This has been the same in many places that I've gone, even in the south. Plus, accents are just what you're around. I had a friend move to Kentucky, two years later she came back for a visit and had a helluva Kentucky accent that she certainly didn't have when she left.
So who knows.
But, yeah, I am standing up for Midwestern girls when I say that we don't all sound like nails on a chalkboard and we certainly have a lot of beauties amongst us, and we can be plenty charming when we want to be. We have a tell it like it is way about us, when I've heard that many southern women (now this is generalizing the classic stereotype, I admit) act nice even when they're being mean. This is just what I've heard from southern women and men. But I'm sure that's changing. Especially the 20-something generations nowadays, you could pick someone up from Minneapolis and drop them in Atlanta and they wouldn't have a hard time fitting in. Things aren't quite as "north vs. south" as they used to be. At least I should hope not. We should really all be playing on the same team.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:10 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,082,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post

And personally, I think this whole thread is awful !
Nice backpedaling there bud.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:44 PM

101 posts, read 448,366 times
Come down at look at some at some people here in New Mexico...UGLY! UGLY! UGLY!

All the hippie ladies in Santa Fe don't take care of themselves, let their hair grow long and grey as they start to look like 200-year old hags by age 45. How disgraceful!

Old 03-19-2007, 08:05 PM

We are all beautiful in the eyes of God.

Honestly, Ive never seen a person I consider truly ugly. Most people are simply unremarkable.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:30 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redboar View Post
Ugliest women, no contest whatsoever, is northern suburbs of Chicago. Hottest women of Caucasian descent would be Phoenix, AZ metro.

You cant be serious...

Old 03-19-2007, 08:39 PM

Maybe they have an idea they all look and sound like Hilary Clinton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.