U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-18-2009, 03:40 AM
 
Location: WA
167 posts, read 468,787 times
Reputation: 87

Advertisements

If you were retired and didn't have to worry about a job,
would you move to the eastern panhandle of WV, or
Hannibel, MO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-18-2009, 05:17 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, USA
3,133 posts, read 8,334,516 times
Reputation: 1085
WV because the people are more fun and all around helpful. I don't care for MO very much. WV is closer to better civilization when you feel like getting away for the weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 05:24 AM
 
5,721 posts, read 9,087,125 times
Reputation: 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
WV because the people are more fun and all around helpful. I don't care for MO very much. WV is closer to better civilization when you feel like getting away for the weekend.
I fully agree with this statement. Currently I live in MO and I've found most of the people to be shallow, arrogant and stuck up as well as rude and obnoxious. More or less they are not pleasant. And as a side note, the hills and mountains of WV are more aesthetically pleasing than the land around Hannibal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 06:05 AM
 
Location: Fiji
647 posts, read 1,851,113 times
Reputation: 418
Given these two choices, I would go with West Va.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 09:47 AM
 
56,578 posts, read 80,870,855 times
Reputation: 12499
West Virginia, as it is away from the major cities, but you are still close to places like DC, Pittsburgh and Baltimore, if you want to get some big city action now and then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 10:03 AM
 
419 posts, read 1,162,791 times
Reputation: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
I fully agree with this statement. Currently I live in MO and I've found most of the people to be shallow, arrogant and stuck up as well as rude and obnoxious. More or less they are not pleasant. And as a side note, the hills and mountains of WV are more aesthetically pleasing than the land around Hannibal.
where in MO do you live??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 10:21 AM
 
5,721 posts, read 9,087,125 times
Reputation: 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrazzle View Post
where in MO do you live??
Kansas City metro area. Granted people in the rural areas well away and to the north and east of KC are more down to earth and less obnoxious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 12:44 PM
 
Location: WA
167 posts, read 468,787 times
Reputation: 87
Default WV vs. MO

Thanks to everyone who replied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 01:38 PM
 
419 posts, read 1,162,791 times
Reputation: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Kansas City metro area. Granted people in the rural areas well away and to the north and east of KC are more down to earth and less obnoxious.
I don't see how you can form this opinion. I'm in KC. People are very laid back in KC... and very polite most every place I go around here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 01:57 PM
 
5,721 posts, read 9,087,125 times
Reputation: 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrazzle View Post
I don't see how you can form this opinion. I'm in KC. People are very laid back in KC... and very polite most every place I go around here...
Tell you what. When I have a chance I'll send a DM to you and outline a sampling of the issues I've had here over the years. This forum is not the place to air them out... After you read some of the experiences I've had here you'll understand where I am coming from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top