U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: TEXAS VS FLORIDA--Which state would you prefer to live in?
Texas 275 56.35%
Florida 213 43.65%
Voters: 488. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 04:45 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,650,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Yes it is. I just came back from visiting my family in Florida two weeks ago and it is just as Southern as anything you find in Texas and I was in South Florida at that. You cannot possibly visit Tallahassee or Gainesville and say that area isn't Southern.
Most people in Florida where not born in Florida and are people from the north.The south and central part of Florida is very non southern.Yes even Tampa and Orlando is very non southern!!

Unless you in small town/country or small city in the north part of Florida it is very non southern.

Not the case in Texas!! Even big cities in Texas!! Dallas and Houston as a more of a southern feel than any place in Florida.

The girls on shipping wars and girls in storage wars Texas would be considered rednecks in Florida.Their accent would be spotted a mile away even in Tampa and Orlando.Even Jacksonville more water down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 07:21 PM

2,069 posts, read 2,201,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat209 View Post
Most people in Florida where not born in Florida and are people from the north.The south and central part of Florida is very non southern.Yes even Tampa and Orlando is very non southern!!

Unless you in small town/country or small city in the north part of Florida it is very non southern.

Not the case in Texas!! Even big cities in Texas!! Dallas and Houston as a more of a southern feel than any place in Florida.

The girls on shipping wars and girls in storage wars Texas would be considered rednecks in Florida.Their accent would be spotted a mile away even in Tampa and Orlando.Even Jacksonville more water down.
No, you mistake "southern" for Texan, a culture seen in Dallas and Houston. Nothing to do with the "true" South, which is seen east of the Texas Trinity River. Lets put it this way, both Houston and Dallas are way more diverse and integrated than every city in Florida, so you can see some "Southern"(Texan) culture; you will also see cultures from all around the world in the two metros.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:38 PM

2,563 posts, read 2,794,260 times
If someone put a gun to my head and I had to choose between the two places, it would have to be Florida. On the other hand, I can think of better places to be in either Texas or Florida. Florida might be okay for a short-term stay of a year or two, but I certainly would move there permanently. Too many problems. Of course, it should go without saying that no one in their right mind would ever live in Texas.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:46 PM

2,069 posts, read 2,201,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John7777 View Post
If someone put a gun to my head and I had to choose between the two places, it would have to be Florida. On the other hand, I can think of better places to be in either Texas or Florida. Florida might be okay for a short-term stay of a year or two, but I certainly would move there permanently. Too many problems. Of course, it should go without saying that no one in their right mind would ever live in Texas.
And why is that? Go on, lets hear an answer? I've heard people say things like this before I went to Texas to explore. Now that I am in Texas, I see its not so bad. In fact, its one of the more forward-moving states.

Old 12-25-2013, 08:31 PM

18,641 posts, read 27,078,190 times
Quote:
So you wasted your time to post in thread about two places you dislike.

Old 12-25-2013, 08:36 PM

18,641 posts, read 27,078,190 times
Quote:

So exactly what is Southern? Please don't think that TV does a good job of showing what a place is really like. Not a good barometer. I have family in Central and South Florida and they see themselves as Southerners no different than Georgians. Especially Orlando.

Old 12-25-2013, 10:13 PM

2,343 posts, read 2,754,769 times
Quote:

What country do you live in? Obviously not America.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:25 PM

1,795 posts, read 2,569,644 times
Quote:
Really, because I don't think your speech is working.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:30 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,392,482 times
I'm biased towards Florida because I live here so that's what I obviously voted for lol. But in all seriousness it depends on your own personal preferences. I do believe that Texas has as a better economy and a better Cost of Living than we do. There are jobs in Florida, most of them however are in tourism and as a result they're low paying.

But I love Florida, love the tropical climate, beautiful white- as- snow sandy beaches, the Caribbean and Spanish influence, the lush green landscape, it's paradise (at least for me). Texas I hear has a drier, desert climate, and in other parts its mountainous. Florida does not have any mountains, we do have some hills though in certain areas. Texas heat I hear is unbearable during the summer, though I have heard people say tthe same about Florida but it doesn't really bother me.

I would choose Florida, but everyone is different. Though Florida gets a lot of unnecessary hate on this forum, mostly from people who have probably never been here before.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:10 PM

5,302 posts, read 8,103,902 times
^^Again, the entire state of FL isn't tropical. But I hear what you're saying. I'd much prefer this...

to this...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or