Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: TEXAS VS FLORIDA--Which state would you prefer to live in?
Texas 302 57.09%
Florida 227 42.91%
Voters: 529. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 01:28 PM

686 posts, read 621,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicAries View Post
Florida is unique by it's psychopathic people down there. You guys are little *******, know wonder California and Texas calls you out. **** Miami!
We're glad morons in other places paint the entire state with that brush. Hopefully it'll keep just a few prospective transplants out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 08:09 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicAries View Post
Florida is unique by it's psychopathic people down there. You guys are little *******, know wonder California and Texas calls you out. **** Miami!
No need for this. I love both Texas and Florida and Texas has its share of psychopaths as well.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:55 AM

12,805 posts, read 9,532,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a person View Post
We're glad morons in other places paint the entire state with that brush. Hopefully it'll keep just a few prospective transplants out.
Crazy isn't it? And he/she drags California into this.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:55 PM

397 posts, read 318,988 times
I'm a Northeast transplant living in South Florida. I've visited Austin several times and have relatives there. I could easily move there, but I prefer living here. We have beaches and better weather. Austin is cooler during the winter and hotter during the summer. Both have humid summers, but Austin's high temperatures in the summer are like 5-10 degrees hotter. You also get a nice breeze here. I feel like our summers aren't really any worse, or are actually better, than the summers anywhere in the Southeast. Plus we get the true tropical winters unlike the chilly or even cold winters that other parts of the Southeast get.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:53 AM

12,805 posts, read 9,532,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rose View Post
I'm a Northeast transplant living in South Florida. I've visited Austin several times and have relatives there. I could easily move there, but I prefer living here. We have beaches and better weather. Austin is cooler during the winter and hotter during the summer. Both have humid summers, but Austin's high temperatures in the summer are like 5-10 degrees hotter. You also get a nice breeze here. I feel like our summers aren't really any worse, or are actually better, than the summers anywhere in the Southeast. Plus we get the true tropical winters unlike the chilly or even cold winters that other parts of the Southeast get.
I agree. If I'm going to be in blazing hot weatehr (and that's all of Texas and the southeast), let me be by the beach. Though there's that damn humidity.

I think the difference between a Florida winter vs the rest of the south is the south does get cold.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:27 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,705,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a person View Post
You always hear about crazy people from Florida for several reasons:
  • The state is very open with allowing access to public records.
  • States with warmer climates often have more riff raff. These people can't survive in cold temperatures.
  • Florida is one of the most populated states, so it's no wonder you hear more about it than other states.
  • It's a very socially diverse state. Usually places with more diversity have more diverse crime and other issues.

Old 02-13-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
You always hear about crazy people from Florida for several reasons:
  • The state is very open with allowing access to public records.
  • States with warmer climates often have more riff raff. These people can't survive in cold temperatures.
  • Florida is one of the most populated states, so it's no wonder you hear more about it than other states.
  • It's a very socially diverse state. Usually places with more diversity have more diverse crime and other issues.
Mainly it's the Sunshine Law (open access to the data). Crazy s*** happens in every state. You just hear about it in Florida far more often because it's public record.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:27 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,788,977 times
I visit Florida about once a year and I love the state. It definitely has the best climate in my opinion. From an economical standpoint however I don't see how residents can make it though. It's too much focused on low-paying hospitality and tourism jobs. Florida to retire or if you already have money. Texas hands down if you are neither of those. Texas has and will continue to have the better economy for the foreseeable future. Austin and Dallas have lots of opportunities in technology and other high paying jobs.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:46 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,143,800 times
These two states are very large and have a variety of lifestyles among their options. It's too difficult to just choose one state over the other when that's not how we experience our lives. I've lived in both and I prefer where I am in Florida over where I was in Texas. That said, I know that there are places in Texas that I'd prefer over certain areas in Florida.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
I visit Florida about once a year and I love the state. It definitely has the best climate in my opinion. From an economical standpoint however I don't see how residents can make it though. It's too much focused on low-paying hospitality and tourism jobs. Florida to retire or if you already have money. Texas hands down if you are neither of those. Texas has and will continue to have the better economy for the foreseeable future. Austin and Dallas have lots of opportunities in technology and other high paying jobs.
I'm guessing you don't visit in summer, and only go to the beach?

Not saying TX doesn't have a stronger white collar economy because clearly it does. But there are definitely jobs down here that aren't tourism/hospitality related.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.