U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: TEXAS VS FLORIDA--Which state would you prefer to live in?
Texas 275 56.35%
Florida 213 43.65%
Voters: 488. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2009, 03:38 PM

2,898 posts, read 2,876,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
DOnt forget Nightlife too But Tx economy is better than Floridas thats one reason why i am here in ATL but i miss home The beaches and culture and nightlife. I would rather live in Florida only if the economy was right
What culture is there in Florida of which you speak?

Houston and Dallas are light years ahead of anywhere in Florida in terms of museums, art, restaurants etc. Nightlife is not that great either. People only think it is because of MTV and other TV shows
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 03:40 PM

1,068 posts, read 2,859,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Yeah, so where are you from?
Just kidding around. I'm from Clearwater, FL, never been to Texas but I'd like tp.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:41 PM

8,287 posts, read 11,829,931 times
personally I couldn't live in Texas since it is too politically conservative for me. As for the comment about culture nobody goes to Texas for their "art" unlike the thousands who attend Miami's Art Basel who travel from all over the world to attend, the Winter Music Conference which is one of the most attended music events worldwide.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:13 PM

15,989 posts, read 30,667,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
personally I couldn't live in Texas since it is too politically conservative for me. As for the comment about culture nobody goes to Texas for their "art" unlike the thousands who attend Miami's Art Basel who travel from all over the world to attend, the Winter Music Conference which is one of the most attended music events worldwide.
I guess that is why Houston's museum district attracts more than 7 million people a year??? The Bayou Arts Festival which is one the top 5 arts festivals in the country????

Old 02-25-2009, 06:17 PM

18,637 posts, read 27,042,193 times
Florida is not that much different from Texas politically and socially, Floridians can be just as conservative as Texas at times.
You also need to take a trip to Dallas sometimes. They have what is the largest urban art district in the US. Home to one of the finest schools in the nation (Booker T Washington) which brought you Erykah Badu and Norah Jones, and is currently undergoing expansion by building a center for perfoming arts as we speak adding a large opera house, and a large theater. It is also home to the Nasher Sculpture Center which is the home of some of the greatest sculptures from around the world. So don't think people do not come to Texas for it's art. You couldn't be anymore wrong.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:59 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,724,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Only Miami's nightlife is better. The rest of Florida is eh. Although Houston's nightlife is improving rapidly especially down Westheimer from Downtown to Uptown. That will be an interesting stretch in 5-10 years.

I already said the Nightlife is better and will always be better. You just had to quote me

Old 02-26-2009, 08:00 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,724,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
What culture is there in Florida of which you speak?

Houston and Dallas are light years ahead of anywhere in Florida in terms of museums, art, restaurants etc. Nightlife is not that great either. People only think it is because of MTV and other TV shows

Diversity of people I grew up in miami so i know what i see everyday. yeah to you it may not be great to you. I wonder why people choose florida to vacation and not Texas if theres no good night life are scenery and plus maybe your a boring person You need to spend one weekend with me and I bet you will have a different out look. People try to kill me trying to speak on a city that they know nothing about. People need to do there research before they post.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:50 AM

11,878 posts, read 33,536,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlabel View Post
Just kidding around. I'm from Clearwater, FL, never been to Texas but I'd like tp.
If there was anywhere in Florida that I'd rather live than in the Panhandle, it would be Clearwater. Clearwater Beach is just beautiful; white sands, nice laid back atmosphere - it's one of the more beautiful areas of the United States IMO.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:20 AM

1,454 posts, read 3,941,598 times
I've been in the Tampa area (St. Pete, Clearwater, Sarasota, Tarpon Springs, etc) and it was gorgeous absolutely everywhere there. I haven't been to Texas, but I have a feeling if I was made to live in either state, I would choose Florida over Texas. South Florida to be exact. I really like it there.
Houston seems interesting though. I'd like to visit there one day, just to see what all the hype is about!

Old 02-26-2009, 10:36 AM

18,637 posts, read 27,042,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
I already said the Nightlife is better and will always be better. You just had to quote me
And I am telling you that only Miami's nightlife is better. The rest of Florida's nightlife (Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville) is not any better than any Texas city. In fact, Jacksonville and Orlando are a little bit on the boring side. So no, there is substance to which I quoted you for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or