U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it worth the money to live in a place you love?
Yes 27 75.00%
No 9 25.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 03:01 AM

259 posts, read 1,812,705 times

Advertisements

i live in hawaii right now. we're moving this summer because it's too expensive to live here for us......we love it, but are forced to leave it....nough said...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2007, 08:31 AM

2,639 posts, read 2,459,593 times
Most definitely as long as one can afford it and live modestly to enjoy that "place that you love." Life if too short to live in an area that is undesirable to you no matter what the reason.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:09 AM
liv

2 posts, read 6,277 times
Default Definately!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
All this talk about moving to someplace affordable has got me to thinking...

Is it worth the $$$ to live in a place you love? Simple question, simple answer.
Simple answer is yes, I live in California, I was lucky enough to have a family friend that sold me a decent house at 22 yrs old at a more than decent price. Unfortunately we must wait until 2 yrs is up before selling to avoid capital gain fees.
The point is, we plan on staying in Northern California and purchasing here once we sell our existing home. California's housing market (especially the county I live in) is very expensive. We have considered moving out of State and have good friends in various State's, but nothing can make up for where you are comfortable and love.
LOL yeah nice simple answer huh?

Old 03-21-2007, 11:27 AM

5,859 posts, read 14,048,152 times
Yes! Luckily, the place I love is affordable to me.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:56 AM

153 posts, read 625,160 times
You can't always afford the place where you'd love to live and it isn't always practical. So find the closest thing to it that you can afford and that fits you/your family and learn to love that place.

I prefer to have enough money in the bank for a rainy day and where I live it rains more than in Seattle. I'm lucky to be so adaptable.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:45 AM

238 posts, read 516,550 times
i think you shouldn't put your life on hold or stop living your life to the full just because of moeny. I think if you really want to live somewhere then you should go for it, even if its looking at the cheaper houses there and then work yourself up. This is what's happening to me, i want to move to LA from England, it's very expensive but i do hope to acheive it in the near future.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:50 PM

2,078 posts, read 5,657,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TERRIE View Post
i live in hawaii right now. we're moving this summer because it's too expensive to live here for us......we love it, but are forced to leave it....nough said...
I moved out of HNL because I got island fever. The cost was not too bad. But you can only go so far on an island. I racked up some Aloha Miles....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or