Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2009, 09:27 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,685,068 times

Advertisements

I not jealous for a penny I Live In CA.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:32 AM

1,222 posts, read 3,829,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
I not jealous for a penny I Live In CA.
I want to visit!!

Old 03-15-2009, 06:51 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
I couldn't stand to live in a place that didn't have four seasons. Granted, North Texas isn't exactly Michigan as far a Winters are concerned, but we do have seasons.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:12 AM

2 posts, read 2,567 times
Did you ever consider that maybe your friends have just grown apart and may really just prefer to visit someone that they like? I'm sure it's more than just your move becuase I grow out of some friendships as well...but there are a few which we always stay in touch over the years. Yes, jealousy may be the case..buuuttt I know of plenty people that are like "huh?" when I say we are moving to Florida in 2 yrs. They LOOOooVVEE NYC, Atlanta, and Europe. Just preference is key..
Oh yea seasons and friendship...
Friends can be for a Reason, a Season, or a Lifetime. (Author unknown) Which catagory do they fit in? Take care!

Old 03-15-2009, 08:13 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I hear this so many times from transplants from up North. "My friends won't come see me since we moved to Florida". "I call and ask them to come visit, but they keep making excuses". "Well, they are just jealous that we are now living in "paradise" and they are still living in the cold north". "People from up North would KILL to be in Florida when it is 85 degrees in January". It is almost the same line over and over from all different people.

What is with these people? Do they really believe this or are they trying to convince THEMSELVES?

My question is, "Are YOU (living in cold climates) jealous of people who have moved to Florida?" If money was no object, would you move to Florida? Or do you like living where we are in your "cold" climate?
I wouldn't move to Florida for 3 times the amount I make now. No, I am not jealous of people who live there at all. I figure people live where best suits them, or they move to one that will come closer to their ideals. For me that is 4 seasons; warm (not broiling) Summers, Crisp Fall mornings will brillant colors and warm days, Snowy winters, and beautiful Springs

Old 03-15-2009, 09:26 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,654,155 times
Default What my neighbors were saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherjgny View Post
Did you ever consider that maybe your friends have just grown apart and may really just prefer to visit someone that they like? I'm sure it's more than just your move becuase I grow out of some friendships as well...but there are a few which we always stay in touch over the years. Yes, jealousy may be the case..buuuttt I know of plenty people that are like "huh?" when I say we are moving to Florida in 2 yrs. They LOOOooVVEE NYC, Atlanta, and Europe. Just preference is key..
Oh yea seasons and friendship...
Friends can be for a Reason, a Season, or a Lifetime. (Author unknown) Which catagory do they fit in? Take care!
They own a business in the state where they are from and go back several times a year. When they are there, they socialize with the people they have known for over 20 years. However, as my neighbor said, he has asked them many, many times to come visit and they "make excuses" why they cannot come. That is when he said they are just "jealous" and don't want to visit and see how "nice" his new life is. I don't know. I just feel that maybe they have no desire to visit Florida and are just happy to see their friends when they come back for business purposes. That is basically what my husband's friend of 40 years said. I will see you when you come here.

As many of these posters have said, a lot of people just plain don't like the heat and humidity of Florida and have so desire to even visit the state. I felt the same way. Now, if I had friends who were living, in say Ireland, I would beg, borrow, and steal to find a way to pay for the trip.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:15 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
honey, I am jealous of those who dont live here!

Old 03-15-2009, 10:17 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
As many of these posters have said, a lot of people just plain don't like the heat and humidity of Florida and have so desire to even visit the state. I felt the same way. Now, if I had friends who were living, in say Ireland, I would beg, borrow, and steal to find a way to pay for the trip.
I think you just hit the nail on the head. People just don't want to go to Florida. They picture crowds, bugs, heat and humidity. I'm not saying they are right in those assumptions, just that is the impression most people I know have.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:19 AM

300 posts, read 1,014,587 times
I've lived in Miami, and HELL NO im not jealous.

Cant speak about Florida, but MIAMI sucks. WAY Too humid, too much spanish.
Hurricanes aint dat nice either.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:47 AM

438 posts, read 1,730,561 times
I don't even like vacationing in FL! I sure wouldn't want to live there. The humidity, the bugs, the heat - they can keep it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.