U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 11:38 AM

16 posts, read 18,681 times

Advertisements

Hello to everyone!
I'm personally from Europe and wanted to send my daughter next year to USA to finish her school studying. Well, I actually, was thinking about California (I already wrote about it on their forum), but still am not sure about that? How do you think, what state or town it would be better to send her?
Thank you for your answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2007, 11:52 AM

139 posts, read 587,469 times
What are your choices? Are you speaking about a foreign exchange student program? Where is she coming from in Europe?

Old 03-23-2007, 11:55 AM

405 posts, read 1,147,963 times
That would depend upon the amount of money you want to spend (small amount, large amount), the quality of the school you are looking for, and the major she is taking.

We are speaking about college, right?

Old 03-23-2007, 12:07 PM

Yes, she will come with a sort of exchange programe, just we have such possibility to choose were actually to go and it's quit hart. She's from Latvia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyJRT View Post
What are your choices? Are you speaking about a foreign exchange student program? Where is she coming from in Europe?

Old 03-23-2007, 12:11 PM

I can tell you that I had a friend who had two exchange students stay with her family in Simsbury, Connecticut. A girl from France and a boy from Sweden. Both turned out extremely well and are doing extremely well. Both did return to their home countries. I would look into programs in Glastonbury and Simsbury Connecticut.

This applies if you are speaking about finishing her last year of high school. If you are referring to colleges then it would be totally different.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:14 PM

She speaks fluently english and a couple of other languages (she was studying in english school in her house country), so language is not problem. Talking about the money, everything, except pocket money, will payed through the company she is going to go.
I am just interested were would be better to send her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyandMarried View Post
That would depend upon the amount of money you want to spend (small amount, large amount), the quality of the school you are looking for, and the major she is taking.

We are speaking about college, right?

Old 03-23-2007, 12:18 PM

Thank you. And can tell what is whis the weather in Connecticut, coz' she really wanted to go somewere were is warm?
I'm talkin about high school, she needs to finish 12 Grade...

Quote:
I can tell you that I had a friend who had two exchange students stay with her family in Simsbury, Connecticut. A girl from France and a boy from Sweden. Both turned out extremely well and are doing extremely well. Both did return to their home countries. I would look into programs in Glastonbury and Simsbury Connecticut.

This applies if you are speaking about finishing her last year of high school. If you are referring to colleges then it would be totally different.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:20 PM

I'm confused. Is she coming to the United States on a work visa? What are her options? Where is this company located?

Old 03-23-2007, 12:28 PM

oh, no of caurse. She is going thought exchange copmpany and will have students or how is it called visa...
It's our local company, who is sending student studying abroad. Our familly friend children went through it, no to USA, in Belgium, France and England. But she is dreaming to go to America, nowere else.

Quote:
I'm confused. Is she coming to the United States on a work visa? What are her options? Where is this company located?

Old 03-23-2007, 12:42 PM

Ok. If she wants to go somewhere warm then Connecticut is out. It's in the northeast part of the United States and has all 4 seasons. Winter is cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or