U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 03:35 PM

6 posts, read 19,378 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone here has any ideas or knows of any anticipated marketing or physical education/health education openings. I have looked all over School Spring and teachers-teachers and there are not many openings this year anywhere. We are willing to move anywhere, but prefer the atmosphere in the New England states and Southeast US.

I know the economy is bad everywhere but my boyfriend and I are desperate to move out of Nevada. We moved here from the Midwest for a PE teaching positions. However, the conditions are horrible here. We live in a town of under 3000 where everything is at least 3 hours away. It is ugly here, there isn't much housing available besides trailers, allergies are bad here, no rain, no jobs, and everything looks very run down almost everywhere in the state. I have a marketing degree but have been unemployed being that there are no jobs in the town of 3000 and the closest city with more than 5000 people is Reno at 3 hours away. We have over 1300 a month due in student loans so we can't just pick up and move somewhere. We are looking to move out of the dry desert and hopefully to a more suburban or urban area where we do not have to drive 3 hours to get to a restaurant or mall!

If anyone has any ideas on a good place to move where we can look into jobs in those two areas, or anywhere we can move to get back up jobs where the economy is a little better??
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 04:13 PM

8,900 posts, read 13,234,845 times
NYC is always looking for teachers. One of the few areas in the country not laying off teachers.

As of last year, I know northern VA and parts of NC were hiring because of their population booms. Not sure if they are anymore. Haven't heard what it's like there as of recently. Don't know if they're laying off or having a hiring freeze.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or