Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 12:10 AM

67 posts, read 76,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
Aren't whites going extinct in the states? Super low birth rate plus barely white immigration?
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Sounds a little conspiracy theory-ish the way you stated it. No, White people are not going away. But, the white population in the United States has gone down by a lot in pretty much every state and city in the USA. There are still some states that are more than 90% but by 2020 there will probably be non that are. Every State now has an area that is less than half-white. The population of under 18 is close to less than half white in the USA and the entire country is going to be minority-majoirty by 2040 or so. So, they are not going quote "extinct", but the country is diversifying at a fast rate.

I hope you didn't mean your post to be like this. But it honestly sounds like something off Stormfront. Your wording and stuff like that lead me to having those feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 12:14 AM

14,169 posts, read 22,583,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
What I meant is Iowa has the highest raw number of white people among the states in the "highest percentage white" list. While Pennsylvania has the highest "white percentage" of those in the top ten for population. And if that's still unclear maybe I'll try again later.

Although a different method I guess would be to take the average of the ranks a state has. Going by that Pennsylvania would be whitest as it averages as 14th on the two lists. (5 on population, 23 on percentage) Although the percentage list on its own is likely the best measure. So it's Maine and Vermont I take it.
Actually, Ohio has a higher percentage of non-Hispanic whites than Pennsylvania does.

Old 07-25-2016, 09:28 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,851,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
The answer is Idaho, the state is 91% white and home of the Aryan Nation
Sorry but you are not keeping up on your news. Some Californians moved to North Idaho and started their Aryan headquarters, most of them died off and in 2001 Idaho burned their church/headquarters to the ground and now are based in Pennsylvania, Ohio, South Carolina, and NYC and recently attempted a new headquarters in Oregon.

Last edited by Syringaloid; 07-25-2016 at 09:51 AM..

Old 07-25-2016, 12:18 PM

638 posts, read 971,900 times
Montana! Ohio, Main, Vermont, Wyoming, Oregon, and Utah, Dakotas, and New Hampshire

Last edited by scarecrow-; 07-25-2016 at 01:30 PM..

Old 07-25-2016, 01:22 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,640,827 times
Wyoming and the Dakotas, oh and Montana. I don't think I ever saw a non-white person while I was in these states.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:32 PM

4,670 posts, read 5,058,575 times
The only stats I could find were from 2013. Maine and Vermont were tied with the highest percentage of white people with about 95% of the population being white. In terms of actual white people it's California with over 26 million in 2013.

Old 07-25-2016, 02:10 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,439,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
The only stats I could find were from 2013. Maine and Vermont were tied with the highest percentage of white people with about 95% of the population being white. In terms of actual white people it's California with over 26 million in 2013.
Except, that counts alot of hispanic's. It's non-hispanic white that you want to look at. If you just go off white alone, then George Lopez or Carlos Mencia are both counted as White in CA's total, CA is less than 50% non-hispanic white

Old 07-26-2016, 09:40 PM

7,725 posts, read 6,361,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
Aren't whites going extinct in the states? Super low birth rate plus barely white immigration?

I love how people keep saying "whites are going extinct.." Hello, the Native Americans have called; they said they're still here.

And white people are worried about going "extinct."

Old 07-26-2016, 09:45 PM

7,725 posts, read 6,361,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Except, that counts alot of hispanic's. It's non-hispanic white that you want to look at. If you just go off white alone, then George Lopez or Carlos Mencia are both counted as White in CA's total, CA is less than 50% non-hispanic white

I dunno what criteria the census goes on exactly but George Lopez's race is a Mestizo. I'm white Hispanic, I'm no less white than Jack Walters, Jenny McMillan, Joey DiPalma or Jacob Kowalski. My ancestry is from Europe so what does "Hispanic" matter? Granted there's probably lots of Mestizos that put down 'white' out of confusion, but that's no reason to disregard the actual white Hispanics, which are a lot more abundant than you think.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:49 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,381,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I dunno what criteria the census goes on exactly but George Lopez's race is a Mestizo. I'm white Hispanic, I'm no less white than Jack Walters, Jenny McMillan, Joey DiPalma or Jacob Kowalski. My ancestry is from Europe so what does "Hispanic" matter? Granted there's probably lots of Mestizos that put down 'white' out of confusion, but that's no reason to disregard the actual white Hispanics, which are a lot more abundant than you think.
In the US, not really. White Hispanics in the US are only common in Florida (White Cubans) to my knowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.