U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-20-2009, 06:46 PM
 
295 posts, read 268,043 times
Reputation: 124

Advertisements

Why does our mass media ignore hate crimes carried out by blacks against white Americans? In North Carolina four black teenagers lured a white, ten year-old girl into an empty house. "There, they sodomizied her, strangled her with a a cable wire, and beat her to death.

The trials in the Tiffany Long case have received extensive coverage in the North Carolina press and only the Associated Press reported on the trials, in a single, cursory piece. The AP, of course, failed to mention the race of the people involved.

Another hate crime never carried in the mass media or given wide attention to, is the thirteen year-old Caucasion girl from Cleveland,OH who was beaten, choked, and kicked repeatedly by twelve girls and six boys , all of whom are black or Hispanic.

If the situations were reversed white on black they would have made every newscast throughout this country.I do not want to stir up any racial animosity because there's already too much of that but how can we ever hope to bridge the racial divide if we won't look at the hard facts of racism. How can anything good be accomplished when one type of hate crime recieves nationwide attention, while another type of hate crime -which occurs at higher rates_ is swept under the rug?

 
Old 03-20-2009, 07:00 PM
 
7,848 posts, read 18,265,202 times
Reputation: 2781
Were these crimes actually considered hate crimes? Just because the perpetrator(s) is of one race while the victim is of different race, the crime isn't automatically in the "hate" category.

Hate crimes are committed because of the victim's race, religion, gender, or several other various characteristics. The criminal targets a member of a particular group because he has something against that group of people and thinks that they should suffer for being __________ (fill in the blank).
 
Old 03-20-2009, 07:42 PM
 
56,514 posts, read 80,824,285 times
Reputation: 12480
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Were these crimes actually considered hate crimes? Just because the perpetrator(s) is of one race while the victim is of different race, the crime isn't automatically in the "hate" category.

Hate crimes are committed because of the victim's race, religion, gender, or several other various characteristics. The criminal targets a member of a particular group because he has something against that group of people and thinks that they should suffer for being __________ (fill in the blank).
Exactly....If that was the case, then why didn't Jeffery Dahmer get such charges considering who a large portion of his victims were?
 
Old 03-20-2009, 07:44 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia,New Jersey, NYC!
6,967 posts, read 18,204,831 times
Reputation: 2641
anyone see anything on asian on white hate crimes?

i missed the last census?

i heard the last cat was bashed in the head with a dell keyboard...in bethpage, ny
 
Old 03-20-2009, 07:49 PM
 
56,514 posts, read 80,824,285 times
Reputation: 12480
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
anyone see anything on asian on white hate crimes?

i missed the last census?
Not sure. Check this site out:SPLCenter.org: Hate Incidents

or this one:Federal Bureau of Investigation - Uniform Crime Reports
 
Old 03-20-2009, 08:14 PM
 
Location: Lower East Side, Milwaukee, WI
2,945 posts, read 4,146,935 times
Reputation: 1113
First of all, hate crimes have to be motivated by the victims ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation.

Secondly, moderators can we please get this thread closed right away as I don't predict it's going to go anywhere constructive. The screen name of the person who started it is "stars&bars" for crying out loud.
 
Old 03-20-2009, 08:17 PM
 
56,514 posts, read 80,824,285 times
Reputation: 12480
Also, I don't think one type gets more attention over the other. If you look at the website I posted, how many people know about any of those incidents?

Lastly, if violence is supposed to be the ultimate indicator of racism, then we have a lot of self hate considering the facts about violent crime in this country.
 
Old 03-20-2009, 08:37 PM
 
295 posts, read 268,043 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
First of all, hate crimes have to be motivated by the victims ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation.

Secondly, moderators can we please get this thread closed right away as I don't predict it's going to go anywhere constructive. The screen name of the person who started it is "stars&bars" for crying out loud.
NOT GOING ANYWHERE CONSTRUCTIVE BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!
I am giving you facts and now you want to shut this post down, what kind of person are you? I don't hate anyone but it is funny how many crimes committed against whites are not mentioned in our press but we have people that want to ignore this topic because it is factual and how about Tawana Brawley, did she recover from those white skinheads that allegedly racially abused her?

I can see you have the right to stereotype me because of a user name but it only shows your true colors! I stated I only wanted people to post their feelings about the topic and not create a name calling match!

If you don't like my user name, please bro-don't read my posts,okay?

God bless you and try to have a good night,okay!!!
 
Old 03-20-2009, 08:47 PM
 
295 posts, read 268,043 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Also, I don't think one type gets more attention over the other. If you look at the website I posted, how many people know about any of those incidents?

Lastly, if violence is supposed to be the ultimate indicator of racism, then we have a lot of self hate considering the facts about violent crime in this country.

You hit the nail on the head!!!!! No one knows of those crimes because they were blatant acts of racism committed against white victims! That is only two instances of black on white hate crimes, I have alot more. It is interesting to see them and as for your web-sites you mentioned, they are state or government run and believe me they don't put black on white hate crimes!!!!
Again, well posted, how many people know of those hate crimes that I posted? ZERO!!! Now reverse the color of said victims/ mass media attention, Al Sharpton marches, Jesse demands civil rights investigation, now do you understand where I'm coming from?
 
Old 03-20-2009, 08:55 PM
 
56,514 posts, read 80,824,285 times
Reputation: 12480
Quote:
Originally Posted by stars&bars View Post
You hit the nail on the head!!!!! No one knows of those crimes because they were blatant acts of racism committed against white victims! That is only two instances of black on white hate crimes, I have alot more. It is interesting to see them and as for your web-sites you mentioned, they are state or government run and believe me they don't put black on white hate crimes!!!!
Again, well posted, how many people know of those hate crimes that I posted? ZERO!!! Now reverse the color of said victims/ mass media attention, Al Sharpton marches, Jesse demands civil rights investigation, now do you understand where I'm coming from?
I'm not talking about Black on White crimes. I'm talking about Hate crimes in general. You can't misconstrue the two and aren't necessarily one and the same. I'm saying you don't hear much about White on Black crimes really either.

Also, the websites put HATE Crimes regardless fo who the victim and perp are.

Lastly, from 1976-2005 865 of White violent crime victims have been victimized by other Whites. That's from the Bureau of Justice. So, the main culprit of violent crimes come from the people that look more like yourself, regardless of race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top