U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 10:17 PM

669 posts, read 2,944,607 times

Advertisements

The southern states do have longer summers, so I think that would make sense. And yes, summer is on the way, because it's in 3 months. I do not see why this isn't obvious.

Stay on topic? What do you want us to say? "Oh look it's warm?" It's almost April. It's warm. There is no topic to discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2007, 10:33 PM

15,595 posts, read 35,270,906 times
Thats it! You are officially now the CD weather man NAH. And the abstinence man...and the candle man...and...
You should have your very own weather forum and moderate it too!

Thats gonna be my next vote for forum to add. Lets talk about...weather!

Boo-yah!...

Old 03-25-2007, 11:57 PM

22,554 posts, read 47,328,160 times
Well, if he's CD weatherman then he's fired. I'm in Knoxville, not you NAH, and it did not come close to reaching 96 degrees. Are you kidding me?

According to the National Weather Service, our high was 85 degrees, attained at 4:53 p.m.

No NAH, go stand in the corner!

(I'm kidding, of course, but check your facts first before starting a thread with erroneous information.)

Old 03-26-2007, 12:29 AM

2,909 posts, read 12,987,139 times
Your right but I dont know why that weather website said 96. Could it have been a brief heat wave lasting just minutes? Well even 85 is still hot, it didnt get this hot in WPB and I was miserable anyway. Im even using the a/c now because if not, itll get over 80 in my room in the middle of the night. You have more hot days ahead and you have my condolences for the suffering

Old 03-26-2007, 12:33 AM

22,554 posts, read 47,328,160 times
First of all, that weather map does not say 96 degrees anywhere. Read the graph. Second of all, Knoxville is not even in the dark-orange part.

Third, to me, it does not get really hot here. Remember, I use to live in southwest Florida. Last summer, all the natives complained about the heat and all I could say is, "You have no idea what hot is!"

Old 03-26-2007, 12:35 AM

9,594 posts, read 23,695,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Im even using the a/c now because if not, itll get over 80 in my room in the middle of the night.
If it's always so hot in your house, why don't you just sleep outdoors?
You could get one of those portable screen rooms to keep the skeeters off you.
(if you don't already have a screened porch)

Old 03-26-2007, 12:44 AM

9,594 posts, read 23,695,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
You hate the cold as much as I hate the heat and you love heat.
How soon can you relocate south?
How soon will Canadians be allowed to live and work freely in the U.S.?

I have no idea; if it was up to me I would have done it in 1989...
Small chance I never will, but I'm gonna try my best to avoid that.

Sorry if this sounds like a complaint, I'm figuring you probably mean well by asking.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:59 AM

2,909 posts, read 12,987,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
If it's always so hot in your house, why don't you just sleep outdoors?
You could get one of those portable screen rooms to keep the skeeters off you.
(if you don't already have a screened porch)

Too damp and humid outside and I cant take my comfortable bed with me. Opening the windows doesnt work if its above 65 outside. Will just have to deal with the heat and run the a/c for temporary relief till I relocate to Oil City or somewhere nearby. The summer highs can get to 80-85, sometimes even 90 but its usually 50-65 at night even in July there So I can just open the window, will only need a/c during the day and only during summer. Cuts way down on a/c bills. Will need heat in the winter though but overall Oil City has more days of comfortable weather than south Florida when I add the days up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
How soon will Canadians be allowed to live and work freely in the U.S.?

I have no idea; if it was up to me I would have done it in 1989...
Small chance I never will, but I'm gonna try my best to avoid that.

Sorry if this sounds like a complaint, I'm figuring you probably mean well by asking.

Cant you get a passport and become a legal immigrant? Should be easy if you are a Canadian, America is welcoming of Canadians because Canada is a developed nation.

If worse for worse, theres always Vancouver. In fact *I* would like to live in Vancouver, its weather is very good. Rarely will you see a summer high above 70 and rarely will you see a winter low below 25. I would have little need for a/c and heat. Not as hot as youd like it but not as cold as youd hate it.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:04 AM

911 posts, read 3,248,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurphy View Post
Thanks kiru.

No offense NAH, but we don't need weather reports. We know it's getting warmer. It's called spring.

Just like the map from January you posted. It was winter; it was cold. DUH.

We're not dumb, so just quit with the maps and weather stuff. WE KNOW!!!
Really NAH...Stop raining spam...

Old 03-26-2007, 04:16 AM

669 posts, read 2,944,607 times
Duh, I should have mentioned this sooner. Not only is there no 96 on here, but Knoxville is not even in the very hot color. I know someone said it, but come on, that's just a dumb thing to post without even seeing a 96...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or