U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 10:58 AM

5,344 posts, read 4,633,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djames9 View Post
Thank you thank you thank you....lol.. exactly what i was looking for... exactly...thanks man Im really Jealious also...because we don't have forest like that out here... you know Deciduous Tree Forest....which i Love....

But yeah thanks for the Pics man.... that helps me out Tremendously.... im gonna plan to go visit the East Coast very soon.. and go see the Forest again... Thanks again man..
...if you're planning on travelling up through New England, better add a few more weeks to that timetable.There's not much happening here in Boston, and in my native state of VT, we usually couldn't count on the arrival of spring until May. I can recall many April storms growing up in northern VT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 11:02 AM

4,802 posts, read 9,862,343 times
Thanks, John.

The lake is in the Round Valley Recreation Area. The pics of the creek were taken in Ken Lockwood Gorge nearby.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:03 AM

3,020 posts, read 5,990,404 times
it depends what is east to you but in chicago, certain types of bushes are budding. no full leaves though.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:50 PM

6,046 posts, read 6,309,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Earlier farther south. The DC cherry blossom festival is usually in late April.
That late? I thought the cherry blossom festival was in early April. Late April is when the trees bloom here, and I would expect them to bloom sooner in DC.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:27 PM

4,496 posts, read 5,171,432 times
I passed by Flushing Meadows in Queens today and the Willow trees are starting to have some kind of yellowish growth. Meanwhile 35 miles out further east and I do not see anything on those kind of trees yet.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:40 PM

70,163 posts, read 60,943,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
That late? I thought the cherry blossom festival was in early April. Late April is when the trees bloom here, and I would expect them to bloom sooner in DC.
Well, I was a little off. I do remember it being a little later when I was in college. Like the 3rd weekend in April. Now it's 2+ weeks.

http://www.mercurynews.com/travel/ci_11977192 (broken link)

Old 03-24-2009, 11:36 PM

322 posts, read 711,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
...if you're planning on travelling up through New England, better add a few more weeks to that timetable.There's not much happening here in Boston, and in my native state of VT, we usually couldn't count on the arrival of spring until May. I can recall many April storms growing up in northern VT.

yeah i guess i can travel in June...for sure when it's kinda guaranteed to be trees with leaves on them... lol... that's awesome that your from the Great State of Vermont... i loved it there on my Visit up there... it's Amazing up there... Love Vermont... most beautiful state in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.