U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 08:17 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,118,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
The link to your site takes into consideration all the crimes combined which can be from murder to auto theft. That's why I gave the stats on only violent crimes as to me, that's more significant than overall. Of course, I did not list the states' ranks including the worst crime, murder, but violent crimes in general, hence, TN was #5 in 2005. The poster has children and I'm sure she worries more about violence than auto theft.

Here is the link: http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/...e_Ranking.html

The link I posted does rank overall crime for each state. I would not write auto theft off very lightly, car jackings can ruin your day...we had some people killed here recently in a car jacking. As *on the road*said in the above post, all states are children friendly.IMO anyone moving to another state they know very little or nothing about should do extensive research on areas they are interested in.If at all possible they should make a trip and visit these areas in person, some areas you may want to avoid if you have children or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2007, 06:03 AM

2,639 posts, read 2,462,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
The link I posted does rank overall crime for each state. I would not write auto theft off very lightly, car jackings can ruin your day...we had some people killed here recently in a car jacking. As *on the road*said in the above post, all states are children friendly.IMO anyone moving to another state they know very little or nothing about should do extensive research on areas they are interested in.If at all possible they should make a trip and visit these areas in person, some areas you may want to avoid if you have children or not.
Yes, that is what I said, your link does rank overall crime.

A car jacking where people are killed would not be under auto theft or at least would also be under the murder stats as well. Stealing a car from one's driveway where no violence occurs would just be plain auto theft, but what you describe in your post would be under violent crimes or as stated above and in the case of death, murder. If one robs your home and no violence is involved, it's just a robbery, etc.

That's why I prefer looking at the breakdown of violence as compared to just plain theft or vandalism, etc.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:09 PM

1,418 posts, read 6,385,558 times
NC/SC are very family-friendly.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:29 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,154,938 times
If you can find a job there, Pgh pa is a very nice town, esp Upper St. Clair and the South Park area.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:00 PM

653 posts, read 3,133,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofam View Post
Take a look at St. George, Utah. Lots of sunshine, conservative, rarely snows. Can't speak about the schools, my kids went and grandkids are going to school in northern Utah.
But if you take a look at St. George--DO IT QUICK!! Housing costs there are skyrocketing!! Mainly due to the escapees from So. Calif. My sister bought a modest home on one acre of land, 3 years ago, just west of St. George. Was around $300,000. Latest evaluation lists it at $585,000. And YES-it is an EXTREMELY conservative culture there. EXTREMELY!!!! That, and the Mormon influenece isn't for everyone. I also believe that local planning commissions in the St. George area best be on the ball, or it will become a mini-Vegas with all the sprawl and crap that goes along with it. Climate there is delightful with tons of rereational opportunities. Employment offerings are on the increase. Washington County(which is St. George), is one of the top 10 fastest growing counties in the nation. (#5 I believe) Vegas is a 2 hour drive away.

Old 03-31-2007, 08:07 PM

126 posts, read 573,315 times
If you're looking for family-friendly and sunny, check out Fort Collins, CO. It's VERY family-friendly, scenic, sunny, lots to do, many arts activities, and relatively affordable for the state.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:38 AM

2 posts, read 4,154 times
i want to move where it barely snow,has less crime because i know there is crime every where you go,no tornados or hurricanes though.good school and mix areawhere there is african american and hispanic as well as asia and cucasions.I am looking for like low incoming homes to.friendly people and alots of jobs

Old 01-12-2010, 11:31 AM

33 posts, read 93,684 times
Question Fort Collins or Colorado Springs ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfish View Post
If you're looking for family-friendly and sunny, check out Fort Collins, CO. It's VERY family-friendly, scenic, sunny, lots to do, many arts activities, and relatively affordable for the state.
How would you say Fort Collins compares to Colorado Springs, C.O. ? Pros/Cons of both ? Would you say both are family friendly ?

Old 01-12-2010, 12:44 PM

12,084 posts, read 34,177,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutblue View Post
How would you say Fort Collins compares to Colorado Springs, C.O. ? Pros/Cons of both ? Would you say both are family friendly ?
You do know that the post you are quoting is almost 3 years old and the the poster hasn't left a message anywhere on the forum for over 5 months. right?

Old 03-20-2010, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,384 times
perryville mo. the housing are @ good price ranges. the schools are great. no crime. and is "childen friendly" look this spot up before your next move
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or