U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-15-2009, 01:21 PM

598 posts, read 1,270,104 times

Advertisements

They have to have something to do. Guess I'll go out and hunt for food now after I diaper my nine children.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 01:49 PM

7,852 posts, read 12,749,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IngleDave View Post
They have to have something to do. Guess I'll go out and hunt for food now after I diaper my nine children.
How can you have nine children in diapers? That would be very unusual.

I'm not sure where the sarcasm in your post was directed...it could either be toward the traditionally large Catholic families of the Northeast or the large southern families of the historic rural South.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:59 PM

6,753 posts, read 14,896,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
How can you have nine children in diapers? That would be very unusual.

I'm not sure where the sarcasm in your post was directed...it could either be toward the traditionally large Catholic families of the Northeast or the large southern families of the historic rural South.
LOL So true... unless you have a few sets of multiples, or have kids in diapers at 9 years old, there is something wrong lol

Old 10-17-2009, 01:21 PM

23,008 posts, read 17,970,437 times
Are men from the northwest either manly loggers, depressed coffee drinking wimps or serial killers? That's the stereotype I'm familiar with. I spent most of my life in NY, then 12 years in MD and now 2.5 years in Tennessee and that northwest male sterotype hasn't changed no matter where I lived. Any truth to that one? I've never been there.

I'm not familiar with any female northwest stereotypes. I guess Hollywood falls down on the job, there. Isn't that where most sterotypes come from ---Hollywood and the media?

And don't we think that Hollywood is all a bunch of caste-system, botoxed, drug addled, high school drop out, pretentious, Commie hypocrites? Interestingly, they have done much to advance their own stereotype by getting in front of a camera and opening their mouth to the world to cement the stereotype.

Then there are the urban elitists in the national news media. They practically cry in their wine if a major hurricane hits a small town instead of a major city. They'd rather watch ripples in a puddle in the major city than park their TV trucks in a place with no Starbucks but got the major brunt of the storm. These would be the same elitists who are more comfortable in Paris or Berlin than they are in Anytown, USA. They come to big cities for political conventions but would rather bring people with them from DC to read statistics than get off their high horse and travel 10 - 20 miles to find out what's really happening in the burbs and small towns. Do I have that stereotype right?

Old 10-17-2009, 02:34 PM

461 posts, read 512,801 times
I have found living in the South a lot of Southerner's are still fighting the Cival War ! It's sad.... Mostly just plain ignorance !

Old 10-17-2009, 02:48 PM

7,852 posts, read 12,749,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnucch View Post
I have found living in the South a lot of Southerner's are still fighting the Cival War ! It's sad.... Mostly just plain ignorance !
...or even the Sybil War...or the Cymbal War...

That's a very old and predictable comment. How exactly, in your opinion is anyone "still fighting the Civil War"?

Old 10-17-2009, 03:52 PM

8,489 posts, read 11,372,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnucch View Post
While maligning an entire region of the country with the label of ignorant it may be prudent to check your spelling before hitting the submit reply.

ig·no·rant
1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:05 PM

12,880 posts, read 19,580,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
While maligning an entire region of the country with the label of ignorant it may be prudent to check your spelling before hitting the submit reply.

ig·no·rant
1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.
4. And unable to spell 'Civil'.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:18 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,618,154 times
5. And 'Southerners'.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:45 PM

12,880 posts, read 19,580,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
5. And 'Southerners'.
Whew...guess we sealed that casket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.