U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 04:03 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,916,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I had a Southern woman tell me first hand, she enjoyed using her Southern Charm/Manipulation to get what she wants. Once she pointed it out to I me, it was very easy to spot.
There are tramps in all areas of the USA. How do you know she was really Southern. Do I sound like I am trying to charm anyone on this thread? I am a real Southerner. She doesn't sound very honest, so you really can't be sure who she is or where she is from unless you see her birth certificate. People fake all kinds of accents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 04:03 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,121,519 times
Quote:
I had a Southern woman tell me first hand, she enjoyed using her Southern Charm/Manipulation to get what she wants. Once she pointed it out to I me, it was very easy to spot.
You had a Southern woman tell you firsthand so now you are an expert on all Southern women.

I bet you watched an episode of CSI which would make you an expert on crime scene investigation, or maybe you drank a glass of wine and you are now a wine connoisseur...

Old 07-25-2009, 05:31 PM

12,172 posts, read 15,475,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
There are tramps in all areas of the USA. How do you know she was really Southern. Do I sound like I am trying to charm anyone on this thread? I am a real Southerner. She doesn't sound very honest, so you really can't be sure who she is or where she is from unless you see her birth certificate. People fake all kinds of accents.
I didn't say she was a tramp, I said she was Southern. She lived in SC. She worked for me and I mailed pay checks to her house. I spoke to her on the phone. I don't know why someone would go out of her way to fake a Southern dialect.

I'm not saying all Southern women use their "Southern Charm" to manipulate. In fact, I couldn't safely say all Southern women have charm. I can only speak about the Southern women I've encountered.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
I didn't say she was a tramp, I said she was Southern. She lived in SC. She worked for me and I mailed pay checks to her house. I spoke to her on the phone. I don't know why someone would go out of her way to fake a Southern dialect.

I'm not saying all Southern women use their "Southern Charm" to manipulate. In fact, I couldn't safely say all Southern women have charm. I can only speak about the Southern women I've encountered.
There are few absolutes in any area. That's what us Southerners have been trying to tell you about the stereotypes you hold about us.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:55 PM

8,900 posts, read 13,264,139 times
Quote:
I think honesty is the best policy even in rep points. Truth hurts sometimes, but it is good to clear the air. I don't know where you are from but Northerners are always talking about how Southern people don't tell the truth and are two faced, etc. I don't think most Northerners could take the real truth, but we try anyway. You think it is all right to badmouth the South and we are always having to listen to how inferior we are which is a pure lie, but tell you something different and you act like we said something wrong.

This thread started out in a condescending manner asking us why the North would not be better off without the South and I guess you think that is O. K. That is stinking rotten mean. So don't tell me I have done something mean if I say that is not true when someone tells a lie.

The South will never be able to get along with the North until they get rid of some wrong ideas such as there is something wrong with being moral, going to church, or just plain being Southern. One of the other posters expressed it very well. People have different ways of being all over the world. I didn't come into this world to be picked on by you or anybody else.
But I never even attacked you. I still think mean rep points defeat the purpose. I have lots of friends in person who live down south. They just have a different culture and are into some things that most people I know in NYC don't like. It's really not that big of a deal. I'm really not as bad as some other people on the forum. At least I can back up my opinions since I've been to the south many, many times and know a lot of people down there. I know that's not true about Texas, which I'll admit, but I can back up my thoughts about the south in general, especially places like Georgia and Florida.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:06 PM

5,416 posts, read 7,722,447 times
Quote:
I think honesty is the best policy even in rep points. Truth hurts sometimes, but it is good to clear the air. I don't know where you are from but Northerners are always talking about how Southern people don't tell the truth and are two faced, etc. I don't think most Northerners could take the real truth, but we try anyway. You think it is all right to badmouth the South and we are always having to listen to how inferior we are which is a pure lie, but tell you something different and you act like we said something wrong.

This thread started out in a condescending manner asking us why the North would not be better off without the South and I guess you think that is O. K. That is stinking rotten mean. So don't tell me I have done something mean if I say that is not true when someone tells a lie.

The South will never be able to get along with the North until they get rid of some wrong ideas such as there is something wrong with being moral, going to church, or just plain being Southern. One of the other posters expressed it very well. People have different ways of being all over the world. I didn't come into this world to be picked on by you or anybody else.
>>>>>
The South will never be able to get along with the North until they get rid of some wrong ideas such as there is something wrong with being moral, going to church, or just plain being Southern.
<<<<<

You hit the nail on the head here my Friend.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:14 PM

11,810 posts, read 18,838,544 times
A lot of people look for things in certain areas of the country that validate their preconceived perceptions. In general, we are incapable of really seeing the world through unbiased eyes.
For instance, my former manager (from California) made some comment about "all the Camaro's in the South". She even said that it validated her preconceived notions. I found that sort of odd since I never really perceive the area where I live to have a lot of Camaros. In any case, on my next trip to meet with her in California, I rode in the car with her and pointed out every Camaro I saw. To her surprise, we saw a lot of them. Yet, she never notices them there. She only notices them in the South because she's looking for them.
I have had similar experiences with prejudice and segregation in the supposedly more tolerant "North".

Old 07-25-2009, 10:47 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,330,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
>>>>>
The South will never be able to get along with the North until they get rid of some wrong ideas such as there is something wrong with being moral, going to church, or just plain being Southern.
<<<<<

You hit the nail on the head here my Friend.
Maybe much depends on what Southerners mean "being moral".

Old 07-26-2009, 04:28 PM

486 posts, read 916,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlabel View Post
The North would be better off w/o the South? ha, good one. The Nawth couldn't survive without the South, couldn't in 1861 and probably couldn't today either. Where is all this bailout money ending up, AIG, GM, Chrysler, company HQ's in the Nawth. Rust Belt to Welfare Belt isn't exactly something to be proud of.
Were the KKK and slavery things 'to be proud of' for you apparently superior people down south?

Watch, next come spin machine responses that they learned from Rush and Fox News!

Old 07-26-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muman View Post
Were the KKK and slavery things 'to be proud of' for you apparently superior people down south?

Watch, next come spin machine responses that they learned from Rush and Fox News!
Educate yourself.

Slavery in the North

Slavery in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not the response you expected?

Last edited by jhadorn; 07-26-2009 at 05:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or