U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 10:17 PM

15,989 posts, read 30,728,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
Wrong.

For example; Henderson, KY is a town of 27,000; nearby Spottsville, KY is a town of roughly 500 or so. BOTH have residents who listen to rap music and bump it in their car.
Well in that case, any rural area with a white population of atleast 95-99%.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:57 AM

18,661 posts, read 27,123,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
Wrong.

For example; Henderson, KY is a town of 27,000; nearby Spottsville, KY is a town of roughly 500 or so. BOTH have residents who listen to rap music and bump it in their car.
Point still stands. Notice I said least likely compared to Suburbs and Urban areas.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:49 PM

208 posts, read 1,132,696 times
Anywhere except the eastern panhandle of West Virginia, Southwest Virginia, and Eastern Kentucky. Western North Carolina. Those are good pics.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:01 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,082,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
If you want to be in a big city and be exposed to the LEAST possible amount of African-American hip hop, I'd say San Francisco would be the place for you.

However, you'll be subjected to enough Latino hip hop and reggaeton to make up for the lack of black rap. SF is probably the only city in the US where Latino hip hop has come close to totally displacing black hip hop
Nearly all of this post is false.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:12 PM

271 posts, read 157,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudewiththeplan View Post
I would not choose Georgia then. I have lived here for 18 years and have been inundated by it! Not a fan myself so if you find a place, let me know

All depends on where in Georgia, i live in Rabun County,Ga and thankfully i never hear that crap. I have lived here for 2 years and heard it maybe 2 times the entire time. One of the advantages i guess.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:48 PM

559 posts, read 1,313,505 times
This thread is hilarious, somebody actually wants to move to avoid a genre of music ! Just grow a thicker skin.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:46 AM

2,602 posts, read 4,325,500 times
The OP has a very good point.
I live in an area of Boston where I can be in the back of my house, inside, and still feel the bass of some low rider's stereo as it goes by.
Other times, when I am sitting in traffic, someone who is five cars ahead of me has their stereo on. I can't even hear the music, just the annoying, pounding bass. As if that weren't bad enough, it vibrates the license plate so it makes a rattling noise.
It should be illegal.
However, I feel the exact same way about loud motorcycles.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:18 AM

508 posts, read 1,318,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwelleaut View Post
What are the best places to live in the United States these days if you don't like rap music?? In the Northeast and Midwest, the youth seem to have a strong preference for this type of music. The preference, for the current generation of teens, includes all racial and ethnic groups, so this is not an issue of race. This is an issue of musical preference.

I'm just tired of hearing that thudding bass beat everywhere I go, as rap fans seem to think everyone else wants to listen to their music with them. If these rap fans would just show some respect for those of us who don't care for their style of music, I wouldn't even pose this question. Unfortunately, the current generation of teens and twentysomethings seems to think the rest of us want to listen to their pounding, intrusive bass beats. Where is a good place to live for a person to live who just doesn't enjoy this style of music?
So you are going to move to avoid rap music? I must say that is a first. Your thesis is flawed anyway.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:27 AM

3,969 posts, read 2,823,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwelleaut View Post
What are the best places to live in the United States these days if you don't like rap music?? In the Northeast and Midwest, the youth seem to have a strong preference for this type of music. The preference, for the current generation of teens, includes all racial and ethnic groups, so this is not an issue of race. This is an issue of musical preference.

I'm just tired of hearing that thudding bass beat everywhere I go, as rap fans seem to think everyone else wants to listen to their music with them. If these rap fans would just show some respect for those of us who don't care for their style of music, I wouldn't even pose this question. Unfortunately, the current generation of teens and twentysomethings seems to think the rest of us want to listen to their pounding, intrusive bass beats. Where is a good place to live for a person to live who just doesn't enjoy this style of music?

You make a good point, but what you should be asking is this: Should there be stricter laws regarding noise in your neighborhood? What about public places, such as gas stations and car washes? You'll oftentimes hear blaring radios all the time. Sometimes, it's not so much the genre itself, but the people who can't spend more than five minutes of their lives without listening to their music, as if they needed it on all the time.

And it's not just rap, though it often is. I've seen people blast rock-n-roll and even country, too, in public places.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:29 AM

2,735 posts, read 5,961,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Your only real choice would probably be to settle among a community of senior citizens.

ROFL, love this answer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or