U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 12:23 AM
SWV

445 posts, read 1,216,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpotater58 View Post
You have posed an unusual questions-first, rap and music should not be in anyway shape or form be made to appear as one-there is no music in rap. It is droning on and on dribble. Just another prime example of how the US continues to decline, our culture is a window into who we are..............

There is no music in rap? Gosh, I'm trying to be polite but really shut up & please tell me how the whole United States is declining because of rap music.

Rap isn't the culture HIP-HOP is.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:29 AM

14 posts, read 62,805 times
its a rather vague question, and its nearly impossible to associate a certain type of music to a geographical location... The only thing that I see you "alluding" to is wanting to avoid an area that contains a large "specific" demographic of rap listeners. Yet you have your disclaimer. Its like me saying.. "I really would not want to live anywhere with trucks that sit high...is there a place where trucks dont have large tires and sit high??" Lol

Old 03-24-2009, 12:36 AM

421 posts, read 1,406,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWV View Post
Move to the moon.
Or learn to ignore it, you're being pretty harsh to people who enjoy listening to rap.

I find rap annoying, and I find the desire if its' fans to play it so that everyone else is forced to listen to be pretty harsh. I'm not interested in hearing rap defended. I'm interested in not having to hear itThe bass beat sounds like a drunken elephantIf you want to defend rap, find a thread that for rap fans

Old 03-24-2009, 12:45 AM
SWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwelleaut View Post
I find rap annoying, and I find the desire if its' fans to play it so that everyone else is forced to listen to be pretty harsh. I'm not interested in hearing rap defended. I'm interested in not having to hear itThe bass beat sounds like a drunken elephantIf you want to defend rap, find a thread that for rap fans

I'm not defending it, I'm just letting you know how dumb you look.

And how are people ''FORCING'' you to listen to it, my mother ignores it. I ignore country music it's easy.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr4nsience View Post
its a rather vague question, and its nearly impossible to associate a certain type of music to a geographical location... The only thing that I see you "alluding" to is wanting to avoid an area that contains a large "specific" demographic of rap listeners. Yet you have your disclaimer. Its like me saying.. "I really would not want to live anywhere with trucks that sit high...is there a place where trucks dont have large tires and sit high??" Lol
The key demographic element is age. Under 30 years old. I don't give a damn if rap fans are white or black. I simply don't like their loud, obnoxious bass beat and filthy lyrics that they insist on everyone hearing. Most are under 30, and many are white. Very few folks over 30 like rap, especially the gangster type. We grew up before it existed. Maybe we want to enjoy the music we grew up with instead of having it rudely interrupted by some kid's bass beat that sounds like a drunken elephant. Heavy metal fans in the early 90's didn't inflict their music on older adults at a catastrophic volume, so why should these rap heads get away with torturing everyone? If you're gonna defend rap, post on a thread for rap fans

Old 03-24-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWV View Post
I'm not defending it, I'm just letting you know how dumb you look.

And how are people ''FORCING'' you to listen to it, my mother ignores it. I ignore country music it's easy.
How does one ignore something that sounds like Godzilla stumbling drunk through Tokyo??

Old 03-24-2009, 12:51 AM

427 posts, read 692,305 times

YouTube - TI - Let My Beat Pound (Paper Trail) 2008 NEW!!

Old 03-24-2009, 12:56 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,579,262 times
Move to the most affluent areas. These are places that value peace and tranquility and don't tolerate that crap.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:57 AM

3,277 posts, read 4,624,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpotater58 View Post
You have posed an unusual questions-first, rap and music should not be in anyway shape or form be made to appear as one-there is no music in rap. It is droning on and on dribble. Just another prime example of how the US continues to decline, our culture is a window into who we are..............
You do know that the organization of percussion was the first ever man made music. Therefore, it's the element of music which has the most profound effect on humans. Studies have shown that parts of the brain related to repetition and motor skill fire off when one hears a time signature. So, music with predominant percussion(Hip Hop, Rock) tends to feel more natural than music without regular percussion.

But you don't though. Because you don't know any thing about music.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:59 AM
SWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by orwelleaut View Post
how does one ignore something that sounds like godzilla stumbling drunk through tokyo??

nvm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or