Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 10:25 PM

421 posts, read 1,565,856 times

Advertisements

What are the best places to live in the United States these days if you don't like rap music?? In the Northeast and Midwest, the youth seem to have a strong preference for this type of music. The preference, for the current generation of teens, includes all racial and ethnic groups, so this is not an issue of race. This is an issue of musical preference.

I'm just tired of hearing that thudding bass beat everywhere I go, as rap fans seem to think everyone else wants to listen to their music with them. If these rap fans would just show some respect for those of us who don't care for their style of music, I wouldn't even pose this question. Unfortunately, the current generation of teens and twentysomethings seems to think the rest of us want to listen to their pounding, intrusive bass beats. Where is a good place to live for a person to live who just doesn't enjoy this style of music?

Old 03-23-2009, 10:32 PM

880 posts, read 2,861,769 times
I would not choose Georgia then. I have lived here for 18 years and have been inundated by it! Not a fan myself so if you find a place, let me know

Old 03-23-2009, 10:36 PM

380 posts, read 1,058,768 times
You have posed an unusual questions-first, rap and music should not be in anyway shape or form be made to appear as one-there is no music in rap. It is droning on and on dribble. Just another prime example of how the US continues to decline, our culture is a window into who we are..............

Old 03-23-2009, 10:38 PM

428 posts, read 831,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpotater58 View Post
You have posed an unusual questions-first, rap and music should not be in anyway shape or form be made to appear as one-there is no music in rap. It is droning on and on dribble. Just another prime example of how the US continues to decline, our culture is a window into who we are..............
I thought you inability to construct a proper sentence was an prime example.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpotater58 View Post
I was just being polite by calling it music. In my mind, the sound of a jackhammer breaking up pavement on an interstate highway is more pleasant to the ears than rap

Old 03-23-2009, 10:40 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,237,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwelleaut View Post
What are the best places to live in the United States these days if you don't like rap music?? In the Northeast and Midwest, the youth seem to have a strong preference for this type of music. The preference, for the current generation of teens, includes all racial and ethnic groups, so this is not an issue of race. This is an issue of musical preference.

I'm just tired of hearing that thudding bass beat everywhere I go, as rap fans seem to think everyone else wants to listen to their music with them. If these rap fans would just show some respect for those of us who don't care for their style of music, I wouldn't even pose this question. Unfortunately, the current generation of teens and twentysomethings seems to think the rest of us want to listen to their pounding, intrusive bass beats. Where is a good place to live for a person to live who just doesn't enjoy this style of music?
Your only real choice would probably be to settle among a community of senior citizens.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Your only real choice would probably be to settle among a community of senior citizens.

That's what I'm afraid ofI'm in my late thirties, so I'd prefer a nice balance of folks 30-100+It seems like under 30 is the age group that has the appetite for this noise. My taste is a nice mix of classic rock, eighties/early nineties metal/classical/Slovenian style polkas. Classic rock is my predominating taste, so a nice 35-55 years old demographic, maybe?

Old 03-23-2009, 10:52 PM

343 posts, read 1,384,339 times
You better move to a nursing home bro.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:53 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,237,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwelleaut View Post
That's what I'm afraid ofI'm in my late thirties, so I'd prefer a nice balance of folks 30-100+It seems like under 30 is the age group that has the appetite for this noise. My taste is a nice mix of classic rock, eighties/early nineties metal/classical/Slovenian style polkas. Classic rock is my predominating taste, so a nice 35-55 years old demographic, maybe?
Only problem with that demographic is, well, their children's tastes, which are more than likely going to fall into the very category you wish to avoid. And you're not likely to find too many empty nesters in the lower end of the 35-55 spectrum.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:19 AM
SWV

445 posts, read 1,337,222 times
Move to the moon.
Or learn to ignore it, you're being pretty harsh to people who enjoy listening to rap.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.