Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2021, 09:37 AM

3,347 posts, read 2,311,269 times

Advertisements

I be curious what the CDC says about this one.

While mostly nonessential travel i.e non citizens going to another country for vacation or shopping, activities allowed by Visa waivers/tourist visas had been curtailed. We do hear about Quarantine rules of going to different countries. Mostly its for returning citizens or those who have permanent residency in those countries.
Mostly Quarantine periods are last resort efforts to control spread for those who must be allowed to enter a country i.e a returning citizen which under international law and most all country's constitutions cannot be denied entry as they have right of abode. Or a non citizen who have permanent residency, owns homes, or businesses as well as those who may be visiting a dying or bereaved family member. Countries typically don't allow non citizen vacationers to quarantine even if they are willing to pay.

However I and people I know haven't heard clear info on what are the rules for citizens or those who must enter/return to US entering from Foreign countries. It appears the US requires citizens and certain permitted non citizens returning from certain countries to Quarantine i.e China, the UK, and continental Europe. Though does this mean people disembarking International flights from certain locations are taken to a secure facility along with their luggage were they can stay until they pass tests?

I remembered last year anyone returning from China, Iran, and parts of Europe including US citizens(non citizens even sometimes spouses of US citizens were denied boarding flights to US) were taken directly to a military base to monitor in one of their lodges for 10 days. I don't know what happened later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.