U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 03:39 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,858,151 times

Advertisements

I drove along the coastal highway 101, and then up and down I-5 as far south as Sacramento. I have to say nearly ALL of northern CA (roughly north of a line from Eureka to Redding) was extremely beautiful. I don't remember any "weirdos", but you'll likely find some nearly everywhere you go. I would consider retiring there if it wasn't so blasted expensive...

Bud

Old 04-12-2007, 07:22 PM

9 posts, read 45,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggB View Post
I Don't know if Northern California is weird or not. But for whatever reason(s), they are going to have to widen I-15 and I-80 just to accomodate the mass exodus of people from California to Nevada here. Just wish that they would leave their horrendous driving skills behind!!!!

ROFL....pretty funny to me as I lived in Las Vegas for years and am quite certain it has the highest concentration of weirdos on the entire planet. And crazy drivers???? CA drivers are the best.....because CHP actually tickets on our highways for things like tailgaiting, speeding, and DUI.

And, ummm, for the entire 15 years that I and/or some member of my family lived in Las Vegas they were working on the freeways (spaghetti bowl, anyone?) So that has nothing to do with anything other than poor city planning and corruption in LV.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:42 PM

653 posts, read 3,134,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmountainranch View Post
ROFL....pretty funny to me as I lived in Las Vegas for years and am quite certain it has the highest concentration of weirdos on the entire planet. And crazy drivers???? CA drivers are the best.....because CHP actually tickets on our highways for things like tailgaiting, speeding, and DUI.

And, ummm, for the entire 15 years that I and/or some member of my family lived in Las Vegas they were working on the freeways (spaghetti bowl, anyone?) So that has nothing to do with anything other than poor city planning and corruption in LV.
Go to ANY large Metro area, and Freeway work will be going on. Actually, considering the rapid growth here in Clark County, I think they are doing O.K. with new road construction. Would rather drive around this town, than L.A., San Diego, or San Francisco any day!!! I'm a OTR Truck Driver by trade. Take my word for it--California drivers are FAR from the "Best" drivers. Than again, poor drivers are everywhere. And yes, Weirdos do exsist in Las Vegas as do they everywhere. Spaghetti Bowl now complete as is the Henderson Spaghetti Bowl.(Known as the "Hender-Blender-Fender-Bender")!!

Old 04-17-2007, 05:07 AM

223 posts, read 218,249 times
northern californians are no diff then anyone else but they do let the state govt get away with alot.ca overall is corrupt and greedy & the girly girls in sacramento are a joke... creeps !

Old 01-06-2010, 01:01 PM

47 posts, read 196,991 times
Well it depends where you are coming from. I came from the Midwest and California is way different and yes there are a higher concentration of "different" people... mostly I've just notices a really strong sesne of entitlement that everyone thinks is owed to them... I dunno I'll just be honest, its weird here lol... don't know that I'll ever get used to. However I have made some great friends and met some great people...but overall...freakin weird. :-)

Old 01-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,827 posts, read 33,239,916 times
This thread from 2007 isn't on-topic here anymore, since it's discussing a single state. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or