U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:24 AM

7,848 posts, read 18,275,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryDude View Post
Someplace without a lot of:

Government
Welfare recipients
Liberals
People in general
Ethnicities different than mine (not racist, from a purely practical standpoint not being a racial, ethnic, or religious minority during a time of protracted societal upheaval can have many more negative possibilities than positive)
I know! I hate: government, welfare recipients, liberals, people of the wrong ethnicity, and people in general. I'm not sure where you would be able to find that environment other than in a self-created/hand-picked community.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:13 PM

925 posts, read 2,292,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Yeah, Georgia would be run by an extreme right-wing fundamentalist theocracy. I'm not sure if I'd want to live there then since basically anything fun would be considered sinful and illegal. California would be an economically powerful country, and may continue the ideas of America. As for me, I think I'll just stay in Japan, or consider Australia, Europe, or Canada.
Why would you assume that? Is that state government run as though it were a theocracy? Seriously.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXclimberX View Post
Ya I agree. I would hate to be stuck in a city like Atalnta or Dallas if the US broke up.

At least New England, the NW, and possibly Minnesota and parts of the intermountain west would survive just based on their regional identitiy.

I would imagine that most of the southeast and parts of the rust belt would decay into outright mayhem rape, pillaging and plundering.
What makes you assume such? New Orleans? I doubt that you'd see much rape, pillaging and plundering in areas that aren't predominately black.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:16 PM

The South

Old 04-06-2009, 09:01 PM

9,188 posts, read 30,238,017 times
Well, seems like what has been said has been said, and as the topic steers course, let's let it sail into the sunset as part of the, "why ask this?" journal entry....

(seagull sounds, water...)

What is Considered On-Topic Here in General US? What topics belong in the City vs. City subforum? What are the Rules?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or