Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 12:21 AM

5 posts, read 7,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
The Northwest: Washington, Oregon, Idaho. Mainly because the area could be self suffiicient considering the plentiful food crops grown between the 3 states and each of these three states has an impressive wine region so if things get bad enough that the US breaks up we can all be happy drinking wine

Too many strange people in that part of the country. If the US broke up you want to be in an area where it is safe, lots of food, and housing. If the US broke up we could possibly see a semi civil war. First of all the US military and the real money people that we do not even hear about would never let it happen.

If it did happen the US dollar would be worth less thanthe Mexican pesos. And can you imagine what would happen with the big drug cartels, more people have been killed in the last year in Mexico than US troops in Irag in 7 years. The cartels would basically take over the southern states, they have the money, arms and armies. It is just unbelievible that the situation in Mexico is not being discussed more, the situation is horific, you have police chiefs on both sides of the border quitting due to intimidation.

Just imagine if we did not have a central government.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:02 AM

2,153 posts, read 5,536,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
have fun eating corn and wheat
Corn and Wheat aren't used for anything important are they

Old 03-28-2009, 10:39 AM

3,320 posts, read 4,127,286 times
Quote:
have fun eating corn and wheat
Hey, did you know that animals eat corn ? I like to eat things that come from corn and wheat, like bread, chicken, eggs, pork, beef, milk, ice cream ect. We will have plenty of these foods in Iowa, will you ?

Old 03-28-2009, 10:40 AM

1,577 posts, read 5,685,650 times
home

Old 03-28-2009, 11:04 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
Note - anyone who wants to chime in on this thread please do so, as it will soon be closed since technically it is not a "general u.s." topic.

Thank you

Old 03-28-2009, 11:22 AM

57 posts, read 282,927 times
If this is not a general u.s. topic, then where does it belong? And will you be moving it to the proper location or just closing it?

Old 03-28-2009, 11:49 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,496,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
Hey, did you know that animals eat corn ? I like to eat things that come from corn and wheat, like bread, chicken, eggs, pork, beef, milk, ice cream ect. We will have plenty of these foods in Iowa, will you ?
Yes California has quite a bit more ag and longer growing seasons. Corn and wheat are not a cows natural diet, nor a chickens. The plains have grown into giant silo farms, so have fun fighting against those big gov funded institutions. You think they are going to let you grow on their land? I'll take the fresh fruit and vegetables and grass fed free range chicken and cows, you can keep the giant fields of grains and factory farms, w/ quick invasion over the flat land.

ps I am just busting your chops.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:34 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,127,286 times
Quote:
Yes California has quite a bit more ag and longer growing seasons. Corn and wheat are not a cows natural diet, nor a chickens. The plains have grown into giant silo farms, so have fun fighting against those big gov funded institutions. You think they are going to let you grow on their land? I'll take the fresh fruit and vegetables and grass fed free range chicken and cows, you can keep the giant fields of grains and factory farms, w/ quick invasion over the flat land.

ps I am just busting your chops.
Yeah, nice little valley you have there in the middle of cali, will it feed the whole west coast ? Which mexican gang is going to control it ? Here in the midwest confederation things are going to be different. Probably more stable with plenty for everyone.

So can we trade you (or the mexicans) some of our beer for those delicious naval oranges you grow ?

Old 03-28-2009, 12:42 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXclimberX View Post
Ya I agree. I would hate to be stuck in a city like Atalnta or Dallas if the US broke up.

At least New England, the NW, and possibly Minnesota and parts of the intermountain west would survive just based on their regional identitiy.

I would imagine that most of the southeast and parts of the rust belt would decay into outright mayhem rape, pillaging and plundering.
Oh, good. Somebody else who watches too many In The Heat Of The Night episodes.

Actually, the South and Midwest probably have the highest degree of social cohesion.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:45 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Alaska!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.