U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the best?
Baltimore 37 30.58%
Cleveland 27 22.31%
Charlotte 57 47.11%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2009, 02:03 PM

4,382 posts, read 15,327,934 times

Advertisements

^ Summers in Western Maryland are nice and cool. The state vary's so much in so many ways (like even weather)

But i heard its very Cloudy in Cleveland. Much more than Baltimore. BTW there's another city you should be comparing to. Are you forgetting a certain city starting with a char and ending with a lotte
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 02:33 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,597,912 times
i would stay put. but what awful choices lol.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:41 PM

2,418 posts, read 4,197,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimzyMusic View Post
i would stay put. but what awful choices lol.

LOL.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:12 PM

4,180 posts, read 13,055,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwelleaut View Post
Cleveland is far cheaper than Baltimore, and the crime rate in the burbs to the West is nice and low. Crime in Cleveland city is about like Baltimore. As far as weather, I'm gonna be a maverick, and say that Cleveland has a nicer overall climate than Baltimore. A little colder in the winter and quite a bit snowier, but this is only 3 to 4 months of the total year, excluding those nice, midwestern winter thaws and warm spells throughout the winter which help to beat cabin fever. The rest of the year, Cleveland has weather that is tough to beat. Summer is gorgeous!! While Baltimore bakes in that 90+ degree heat and has all of those thunderstorms, Cleveland rarely hits 90. If it does, Baltimore is probably seeing triple digits. Doing anything outside in NE Ohio is far nicer in the summer than in MD, as it is usually a good 10 degrees cooler, and not as humid. Thus, if you don't mind driving in a little snow and dealing with a little cold in winter, I'd take NE Ohio where the rest of the year is so much more pleasant.
I can tell you that there is actually very little difference in the weather for Baltimore and Cleveland in the summertime. Cleveland may have a few cooler days and their summer is not as long but the humidity is there. In terms of weather I would far prefer Baltimore-it has beautiful springs and autumns with a mild winter. Summers are hell but it's a short drive to the mountains or ocean for some relief.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:30 PM

60 posts, read 100,457 times
I would stick with Baltimore.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:02 AM

1,372 posts, read 2,795,932 times
Smile Cleveland tops charlotte any day!

If you're leaving Baltimore and choosing between CLEVELAND and CHARLOTTE, your best bet would be CLEVELAND! While it is true that this historic and proud city has continued to decline in population, it does offer so many things that CHARLOTTE simply can not even come close to. CLEVELAND has WORLD CLASS CULTURAL OFFERINGS IN THE GORGEOUS "UNIVERSITY CIRCLE" AREA ... THESE INCLUDE THE NEWLY RENOVATED AND GORGEOUS "CLEVELAND MUSEUM OF ART, SEVERANCE HALL ( HOME OF THE WORLD RENOWNED CLEVELAND ORCHESTRA ). Cleveland also boasts the BEST HEALTHCARE FACILITIES IN THE US .. and in some cases the entire world ... THE CLEVELAND CLINIC and UNIVERSITY HOSPITALS both have very impressive "mini city like campuses" that virtually rub shoulders in the UNIVERSITY CIRCLE AREA. Cleveland has gorgeous older suburbs such as Shaker Heights, Lakewood and Cleveland Heights ... these inner ring suburbs offer opulent homes, quality schools and tranquil settings ... all at a mere fraction of the cost you'll incure in a BORING CITY LIKE CHARLOTTE! The city of Cleveland itself offers a plethora of trendy and hip districts such as Tremont, Ohio City, Gateway and the Warehouse district. The older skyline of Cleveland is much more appealing too ... the venerable Terminal Tower stands sentinel over the city alongside gleaming, newer glass styled skysrapers. Dont forget the beautiful Lake Erie shoreline, the museums and the rolling hills and ridges that comprise Cleveland. CHARLOTTE is basically flat as a table top, sprawling and congested, lacks any real cultural offerings and is very expensive. CHOOSE CLEVELAND or STAY IN BALTIMORE! Nuff said
Attached Thumbnails
Should I move from Baltimore to Cleveland or Charlotte?-wow-cleveland.jpg   Should I move from Baltimore to Cleveland or Charlotte?-cleveland-cleveland-clinic.jpg  

Last edited by JohnDBaumgardner; 07-14-2009 at 01:05 AM.. Reason: add a photo

Old 07-14-2009, 10:58 AM

8,190 posts, read 12,337,426 times
Cleveland probably does beat Charlotte when it comes to cultural offerings, but don't sell Charlotte short. We've got a new cultural campus (http://fmwrealestate.com/fmwrealestate/pdf/wachovia_first_street.pdf - broken link) under construction downtown to complement our existing and future facilities. And what is this nonsense about Charlotte being "very expensive"? Ludicrous.

Personally, I'd say go with the city with the brighter future, that's clearly moving progressively forward into the future and not resting on the laurels of past achievements, and that city is clearly Charlotte. It's definitely cleaner, has less crime, and better schools. But practically, it should come down to where the job takes you.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:04 PM

2,097 posts, read 5,873,966 times
Typical Cleveland hate

In terms of culture, Baltimore and Cleveland have Charlotte beat.

Don't discount Cleveland because the inner city is dying... the suburbs are some of the nicest and most affordable in the country... not to mention the crime in the outlying areas of Cleveland are pretty much non-existent and the school systems are good. I could go on about professional sports, museums, ethnic neighborhoods, etc.. which all have Charlotte beat. Cleveland can certainly be boring for someone who makes it boring - like anywhere else... but if you know the area, you would know there is so much to offer. There's a reason why the region used to be one of the most populated areas in the nation. Some areas to consider inside the city are Downtown, Ohio City, Tremont, West Park, University Circle, or Little Italy. There are far too many areas outside the city to even begin mentioning.

Cleveland metro and Washington DC are some of my faves, so maybe you could look somewhere located inbetween DC and Baltimore.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:45 AM

6,046 posts, read 10,055,624 times
Either stay in Baltimore or go to Charlotte.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:27 AM

1,372 posts, read 2,795,932 times
Question to "Akhenaton06",

I respect the attributes of Charlotte ... as there are some ... and you're correct in saying that Charlotte is progressive ... it certainly is.
However, did YOU ever think about the very serious problems that this continued growth has posed for a city like Charlotte?
When recommending "Charlotte" to any people in this forum ... perhaps it's best to mention that the city is facing "an imminent threat of having NO WATER"!
Charlotte, like many other growing cities in the southeastern U.S. is facing "DIRE CIRCUMSTANCES" when it comes to the availability to have fresh drinking water. I'm already aware of bans on watering your lawns, the city closing down decorative fountains in the city centre ... just like the perils facing another southern city, Atlanta.
What's next for Charlotte ... imposing laws preventing the residents from taking showers on certain days of the week?

Cleveland has unlimited natural resources ... a large body of water, rivers, beautiful and rolling terrain and NO THREAT EVER of "the tap running dry"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or