U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the best?
Baltimore 37 30.58%
Cleveland 27 22.31%
Charlotte 57 47.11%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 09:31 AM

259 posts, read 323,622 times

Advertisements

I cant think of any reason to move to Cleveland. The weather sucks, its extremely segregated, its economically depressed with no end in sight.

Stick with Baltimore or visit Charlotte and see how you like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 01:10 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,960,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDBaumgardner View Post
If you're leaving Baltimore and choosing between CLEVELAND and CHARLOTTE, your best bet would be CLEVELAND! While it is true that this historic and proud city has continued to decline in population, it does offer so many things that CHARLOTTE simply can not even come close to. CLEVELAND has WORLD CLASS CULTURAL OFFERINGS IN THE GORGEOUS "UNIVERSITY CIRCLE" AREA ... THESE INCLUDE THE NEWLY RENOVATED AND GORGEOUS "CLEVELAND MUSEUM OF ART, SEVERANCE HALL ( HOME OF THE WORLD RENOWNED CLEVELAND ORCHESTRA ). Cleveland also boasts the BEST HEALTHCARE FACILITIES IN THE US .. and in some cases the entire world ... THE CLEVELAND CLINIC and UNIVERSITY HOSPITALS both have very impressive "mini city like campuses" that virtually rub shoulders in the UNIVERSITY CIRCLE AREA. Cleveland has gorgeous older suburbs such as Shaker Heights, Lakewood and Cleveland Heights ... these inner ring suburbs offer opulent homes, quality schools and tranquil settings ... all at a mere fraction of the cost you'll incure in a BORING CITY LIKE CHARLOTTE! The city of Cleveland itself offers a plethora of trendy and hip districts such as Tremont, Ohio City, Gateway and the Warehouse district. The older skyline of Cleveland is much more appealing too ... the venerable Terminal Tower stands sentinel over the city alongside gleaming, newer glass styled skysrapers. Dont forget the beautiful Lake Erie shoreline, the museums and the rolling hills and ridges that comprise Cleveland. CHARLOTTE is basically flat as a table top, sprawling and congested, lacks any real cultural offerings and is very expensive. CHOOSE CLEVELAND or STAY IN BALTIMORE! Nuff said

YouTube - HASTILY MADE CLEVELAND TOURISM VIDEO

Old 07-31-2009, 01:12 PM

Out of the 12 apartments in my section of the building I live in (2 and 3 BRs) there are 8 people from the Cleveland area.

Shouldnt really have to explain why.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:24 PM

3,844 posts, read 8,027,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Dude, that was made by a local comedian.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:34 PM

259 posts, read 323,622 times
Quote:

Good one.

There was a funny one like that made about Rochester NY

YouTube - Rochester: A City of Poverty

Old 07-31-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
Dude, that was made by a local comedian.

I understand. So he would know better than anyone

Old 07-31-2009, 02:03 PM

1,588 posts, read 3,561,691 times
Hopefully the unemployment rate for each of these metros has been taken into consideration.

Charlotte 12.4% (third highest in the country among major metropolitan areas)
Cleveland 10.1%
Baltimore 8.0%

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/metro.pdf

Old 07-31-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
Hopefully the unemployment rate for each of these metros has been taken into consideration.

Charlotte 12.4% (third highest in the country among major metropolitan areas)
Cleveland 10.1%
Baltimore 8.0%

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/metro.pdf

Well hopefully one wouldnt relocate anywhere w/o a job already set up.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:16 PM

2,418 posts, read 4,195,822 times
Quote:
Well hopefully one wouldnt relocate anywhere w/o a job already set up.
I'm living in my 5th state, and I've never had a job lined up before I moved. The key is saving up money to have a month or two to find a job once you get there.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
I'm living in my 5th state, and I've never had a job lined up before I moved. The key is saving up money to have a month or two to find a job once you get there.

Yeah. I Completely overlooked that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or