U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 09:01 AM

2,356 posts, read 2,641,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Sorry. I didn't think Southerners were prejudiced until I read this.
Let me get this straight..

So you live in Knoxville, Tennessee, and up until now, you didn't think southerners were prejudiced. But some random stranger - on an internet message board - makes a derogatory remark about 'Yankees', and now you think all southerners are prejudiced.

Yet, the equally disrespectful anti-southern remarks both before and after this guy's post don't seem to raise any red flags with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2007, 10:51 AM

364 posts, read 396,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Let me get this straight..

So you live in Knoxville, Tennessee, and up until now, you didn't think southerners were prejudiced. But some random stranger - on an internet message board - makes a derogatory remark about 'Yankees', and now you think all southerners are prejudiced.

Yet, the equally disrespectful anti-southern remarks both before and after this guy's post don't seem to raise any red flags with you.

You should really take a page from brightcopperkettles. You care way too much about this!! Like bright said this is pitiful nonsense on a website. Get over it!! Must be better things for you to think about.....

Old 03-30-2007, 12:22 PM

2,755 posts, read 11,764,529 times
I think the term Yankee must be an eastern thing. (I live in Denver). The only references to "Yankee" I've ever heard (as opposed to read on a forum like city-data) had to do with baseball.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:37 PM

364 posts, read 396,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfox View Post
I think the term Yankee must be an eastern thing. (I live in Denver). The only references to "Yankee" I've ever heard (as opposed to read on a forum like city-data) had to do with baseball.
I have never heard the North/South crap, Civil War and this so called "Southern culture" like I have on this website. Most of that stuff I never hear in real life. Just some folks who seem to go over and over it here for some strange reason.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:08 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,154,208 times
Absolutely nothing!

Old 03-30-2007, 03:46 PM

85 posts, read 370,472 times
A " Yankee' is someone just passing thru Georgia, a damn yankee is someone who stays for more than a month and a GD yankee is someone who remains here.
Hope this helps.

Old 03-30-2007, 04:38 PM

556 posts, read 1,937,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarkey View Post
I sent you a PM and I'm repeating it here.

That was well said and much needed.

Thank you.
I didn't get your PM, honey, but I thank you very much indeed.

Sometimes these boards get a little ridiculous, no offense meant to anyone, and I think before we all post, we need to stop and think about what we want to say and ask ourselves if what we have to say can really help anyone. If the answer is no, then we do not need to say it.

Just my opinion...

Old 03-30-2007, 04:45 PM

569 posts, read 1,136,025 times
Default What's wrong with being a Yankee?

Yankees!?! I'll tell you what's wrong with it. They play in the American League. Everyone knows that the National League is true baseball. Let the pitchers hit!

Just trying to lighten things up!

Old 03-30-2007, 06:22 PM

628 posts, read 2,574,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightcopperkettles View Post
I didn't get your PM, honey, but I thank you very much indeed.

Sometimes these boards get a little ridiculous, no offense meant to anyone, and I think before we all post, we need to stop and think about what we want to say and ask ourselves if what we have to say can really help anyone. If the answer is no, then we do not need to say it.

Just my opinion...
It ended up being a note with positive rep.

And you're very welcome.

Old 03-30-2007, 06:34 PM

3,042 posts, read 8,089,852 times
nothng wrong with being a yankee, just acting as if you are superior to others in the US and the world because you were born in New York, Boston or NJ IS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.