U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 12:27 PM

9,594 posts, read 23,732,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
If you are a Canadian , and in the South , the good ol boys , will always know........you will go home............

They will be glad to take your money, they will be "nice" to you , all the while thinking to themselves, and talking to their fellow Southerners............" Its our land , we shed blood for this Place , this bastion of Dixie ways , we hold so dear" " Dam Yankees go home !"...........".and those Liberal Ca nooks , they too can go " !!
Not if I can help it!

That's one of the reasons I don't want to go home.
Do you think Southerners are the only people who could love to be courteous, hospitable, talking "slow", enjoy conservative Biblical values, patriotism, gun owner's rights, fried foods, the great outdoors and slow cooked, wood-smoked BBQ?
(Granted, most Canadians and Northerners are not like this, but still... )

Last edited by ColdCanadian; 03-31-2007 at 01:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2007, 02:02 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,155,464 times
Granted, most Canadians and Northerners are not like this, but still... )

I disagree. Alot of Northers are excatly like Southerns in those respects, an awful lot in fact, and sobeit!

Old 03-31-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPaNative View Post
I disagree. Alot of Northers are excatly like Southerns in those respects, an awful lot in fact, and sobeit!
Well most Canadians are probably not like that; why else would we be famous for our liberal federal politics?

(I also should have put "probably" in front of "not like this")

Old 03-31-2007, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPaNative View Post
Then again, statements like this can be proof that many Northerners not only would like to live in the South, but actually appreciate it and have no interest in changing it. (less reason to "hate" Yankees )

Old 03-31-2007, 11:03 PM

1,075 posts, read 3,247,498 times
Ohhh lemme tell ya, them yankees they don't play ball worth a darn

Quote:
Somehow the word 'redneck' is going to come into this thread and then everyones going to loose there....
Red neck has arrived lookout you yankees

I never did see much sense in the silly north south debate, present day that is, people are people wherever you go, some talk & do things differently , foods may be different but i just don't see the big deal over it.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:08 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,155,464 times
I have no desire, energy or drive to change anyone in the south, infact I agree with Southerners on many issues, but not all, but I do not go around telling them to agree with me or else they are fill in the blank here. I for one, am not arrogant and nor do I look down on southern people, or anyone for that matter, we all have our shortcomings, we aren't perfect, we are human, lets concerntrate on what is important in life, like living life, appreciating our families and cherising each day, cause we only have so many to live and nothing is guaranteed.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:03 AM
Yac

5,923 posts, read 6,539,240 times
Nice discussion you guys are having here. Would be even nicer if you remembered to treat others the way you would like them to treat you. Try doing that from now on, please.
Yac.

Old 04-01-2007, 09:10 AM

2,639 posts, read 2,464,052 times
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a Yankee. My sister who was born in OH, raised in CA, and has lived in TX now for 40 years used that term the other day referring to a man at our church who acted arrogantly. She said, "He's like a Yankee." The man to which she was referring is a born and bred Texan. I'm quoting; I dislike that terminology as well.

Anyway, I kindly said to her, "Please don't you start that Southern nonsense like I hear nearly every day." I told her everyone was different and that people from all parts of the country are nice or not so nice and she finally said, "I guess you're right."

Old 04-29-2007, 11:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,635 times
Default Divine Mom--go Back To Where U Came From

The ignorance that you displayed by calling all southerners low class is disturbing. There are a lot of wonderful and educated people in the south. I have met great people from up north too. The truth of the matter is there are good and bad people everywhere. If you are unhappy in the south--do the rest of us a favor and leave. Your ignorant attitude reflects the mediocrity of your IQ.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:03 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,912,876 times
Nothing is wrong with being a Yankee, just as nothing is wrong with being a Confederate. Be proud of your backgrounds and where you come from because you can't change them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.